Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2002 6:45:19 PM EDT
in an effort to help ladies understand and cope with the male mind i (with a little help from my girlfriend) have developed a graphic to try to identify how a man's mind will categorize the value and usefulness of objects.  it's a simple graphic for a simple mind (her).  this was done after a bottle of wine and a lengthy discussion about the decor in my home and how she want's to change it after she moves in.  
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=2263[/img]
items in a man's perceived possession can be categorized into any or all of three groups.

trophy or treasure is something of intrinsic  value.  things like a family, land or money.

tool a utilitarian device or something of value only in that it helps to do work.  

weapon is something that tends to help protect.

some objects like a Ford Expedition are some tool and a little trophy, a Lincoln Navigator is less tool and more trophy.  etc.  lady can be all three in varying degrees.  have to go as she is pinching the hell out of me.

Link Posted: 12/18/2002 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually, an Expedition (and to a lesser degree, a Navigator) also makes a damned fine weapon — which is why some folks drive 'em...
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 6:03:28 AM EDT
[#2]
308: My condolences on the loss of your domain. If you ask her very nicely (read: with diamonds) she might let you keep the garage or attic free of doilies for the first few weeks.

Oh, and the triangle is pretty accurate.

Lager,
sgt_seti
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 6:08:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The woman's value diagram would have a few additional corners on it.  Let's see...

Clothing and fashion
Makeup and accessorizing
"Keeping up with the Joneses"
Attractive, stylish decor

I won't hog the list.  There may be a lot more,
and I'll let you guys add to it.  When you've
come up with a consensus, somebody should draw
the appropriate diagram.

CJ

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 6:08:39 AM EDT
[#4]
My triangle has always been Sex, Drugs, and Sleep.

Sex = self-explanatory

Drugs = Food and anything fun, e.g. having cool stuff or doing things you enjoy (other than sex)

Sleep = sleep
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#5]
And let me guess...sex and drugs are both in the same corner, right?

You don't need a triangle, you need a straight line! Sleep  is at one end of it!  [:D]

CJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top