Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 5:05:40 PM EST
My wife hands me the paper the other day open to a two full page center section advertisement listing hundreds of locals that the state is holding unclaimed property for. Says she: "Hey, Les has some unclaimed property here." I check it out, sure enough and call Les. I pick it up today and peruse it to see who else I may know with unclaimed property. As I am looking, I recognize a familiar name, MINE! I asked her: "WTF, you see his name, but not mine?"

At any rate, the state is holding over 75 bucks for me. How much over, I don't know yet.

Washington State residents click here to see if the .gov may be holding some goods for you. Residents of other states have the same thing available to them, I just haven't figured out how to find it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:10:04 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:12:21 PM EST
You don't have any warrants do you? I'd try that old trick if I was the MAN.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:13:35 PM EST
tagged
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:41:35 PM EST
Thanks furball75. I knew someone would have it.

Originally Posted By Pangea:
You don't have any warrants do you? I'd try that old trick if I was the MAN.

I see we think alike. I made that comment to my mother in law. Fortunately, I am clean. I'd hate to always be wondering when the man would catch up to me.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:52:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By HABU:
Fortunately, I am clean. I'd hate to always be wondering when the man would catch up to me.

Are you sure. When I went to buy my first handgun I got denied because of an outstanding warrant. WTF, all I had ever had were 5-10 over speeding tickets, and I had either paid the fine or had a lawyer take care of them. Turns out someone had screwed up and even though the fine had been paid well in advance of the court date, they had issued a warrant for failure to appear. I now check my record a couple months after I get a ticket, just to be sure.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:39:11 PM EST
Yah, I'm sure, thanks for your concern.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:07:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/9/2004 9:16:31 AM EST by redfisher]
. ...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:21:25 AM EST
Darn I was hoping for some money too. None for me or my wife, oh well.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:17:16 PM EST
Turns out they owe me $275. I havn't lived at the address they had listed for 11 years. I don't even recognize the insurance company it's from. I sent off the app. - we'll see...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:10:40 PM EST
Don't have the link anymore, but a few month ago in new orleans, the cops pulled a sting like this. Sent out letters to people with warrants etc. telling them that when they were released from jail on bond, the screwed up and didn't give them all their money. Get this: the letter told them they had to go down to the POLICE STATION to claim their money. They were lining up like they do at the welfare office to claim their cash. They locked up over a hundred idiots, even busted some of the more brilliant ones with drugs in their possession. One guy they busted with possession with intent. Man, criminals are dumb. How much sense does it take to say "hmm, i have warrants, maybe they can keep my money." How much less sense does it take to say to yourself... "hey, i'm going down to the cop shop... maybe i should leave my stash at home."
Top Top