LOL Pirates got pirated? Arrrgh!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:18:04 PM EDT
I raffed!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:23:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:25:05 PM EDT
Lets see if it gets locked again!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:29:42 PM EDT
Wouldn't be a half bad model for "free" software if they were upfront about it. It would be an interesting alternative to the ad supported or freemium business models.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:33:57 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:
09'er secretly posts a Dupe..
View Quote

The other one got locked, despite having absolutely ZERO advocation of anything illegal.

And so will this one.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:35:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By woodsie:
Wouldn't be a half bad model for "free" software if they were upfront about it. It would be an interesting alternative to the ad supported or freemium business models.
View Quote

There are open source bittorrent apps that are better than uTorrent ever was, so I don't really see the point.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:37:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Subnet:

The other one got locked, despite having absolutely ZERO advocation of anything illegal.

And so will this one.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

And so will this one.

Some have the same reaction to the word "torrent" that Libs do to the word "gun".

I've never used a torrent for anything illegal. I primarily use it for downloading Linux systems. It is a tool.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:41:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By squashpup:

Some have the same reaction to the word "torrent" that Libs do to the word "gun".

I've never used a torrent for anything illegal. I primarily use it for downloading Linux systems. It is a tool.
View All Quotes

And so will this one.

You dirty pirate! Just like the possession of all guns makes their owners into murders just waiting for their chance, possession of a torrent tool makes you a dirty pirate thief!

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:41:55 PM EDT
Rules are rules, fellas, even if they're sporadically and nonsensically enforced.

In before the retarded lock.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:44:50 PM EDT
View Quote

No shit.

I'd love to know which OSI Layer 7 protocols are okay to talk about, and which one's aren't. Perhaps the good professor could weigh in on modern and common uses of NNTP?

Are we allowed to talk about encryption too, or is that something only criminals use? Just trying to keep up...
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:47:32 PM EDT

No shit.

I'd love to know which OSI Layer 7 protocols are okay to talk about, and which one's aren't. Perhaps the good professor could weigh in on modern and common uses of NNTP?

Are we allowed to talk about encryption too, or is that something only criminals use? Just trying to keep up...
View All Quotes

No shit.

You silly goose... this is GD! It exists as a cosmic mathematical proof of poor judgement and irrational thought process. You expect logic and consistency here?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:56:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2015 7:58:56 PM EDT by setlab]
Hu? So ads on LimeWire steal bit coins from LimeWire or from the user who has bit coins? Or does the ad companies pay LimeWire with bit coins??? WTF is going on here
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:01:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By setlab:
Hu? So ads on LimeWire steal bit coins from LimeWire or from the user who has bit coins? Or does the ad companies pay LimeWire with bit coins??? WTF is going on here
View Quote

Not sure if you even posted in English.

But the tl;dr is that uTorrent is whoring your computer our so it can earn cryptocoins for itself. It's expensive (doesn't scale at smaller levels) to perform crypto-mining operations, but that doesn't matter if you you've surreptitiously added it behind the scenes to a popular app.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:03:23 PM EDT
Well it's a good thing I'm sure no one here would ever use it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:03:41 PM EDT

No shit.

View All Quotes

No shit.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:03:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2015 8:03:57 PM EDT by DK-Prof]
Dupe and CoC
Top Top