Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/8/2002 12:00:28 AM EST
I took out my brother-in-laws 3 boys, and 2 of their friends, and also a 17 year old that works for my wife, who has no decent role models in his life, and lives with his uncle now who has no time for the kid, unfortunatly. Anyway. For some reason it seems as though God keeps putting these young Adults in my life for the purpose of teaching them a wholesome skill that might someday be of some use or can hopefully be passed down to there kids and maybe we will be able to keep this American tradition going on for a long time, and in the meantime have another Generation fight for our RKBA. I think this might be my calling right now. The Kid next door to me has no father and wants to go to the range with me on tuesday, so I think I will be at it again. The things I teach them are as follows: 1)Gun safety 2)trigger and sight control. 3)operations of the gun. 4)50 yd target practice and then they graduate to the 100yd target. 5)bench shooting and graduation to standing (off hand)shooting. After 3 1/2 hours of shooting yesterday,, All the New shooters were getting about 3 to 5 inch grps @ 100yds and @50yds they were getting 2 inch grps. I was well pleased and invited them to go to the shoot out at Eric the Huns in October.Its alot of fun watching these young Guys get interested(hooked) on shooting. Later. John from dallas area.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:13:40 AM EST
Hell, that's a felony in California! Stinkin' crazy gun laws written by women.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:00:20 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 6:37:13 AM EST
The IPSC club in N.Platte, NE took in a summmer youth visitor into thier fold. He spent the summer learning and shooting IPSC after the summer was over he returned home and went back to the gang life he left only a much better shot. The club is very proud to have him pictred along with the rest in the clubhouse. Be careful how many down trodden fatherless boys you teach to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:44:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By TommyBrown: He spent the summer learning and shooting IPSC after the summer was over he returned home and went back to the gang life he left only a much better shot. Be careful how many down trodden fatherless boys you teach to shoot.
View Quote
Kind of like nobody should have guns because the bad people might get them? I'm being sarcastic. I don't think the majority of the pro-gun crowd make it a habit of recruiting gang members for shooting sports. I also didn't know we should be wary of letting anybody without a father shoot our weapons. What's the limit of fatherless youth we can teach to shoot? 1 a month? Why is this a strike against a person? I'm appreciative of your efforts john232. It's people like you who teach people that guns can be a fun sport instead of breeding death as the media and liberals would have them believe.
Top Top