Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 11:13:44 PM EDT
okay i am intersted in the tru glo TG8030B2, it is a 2x redot, with unlimited eye relief. i want to know what it is really like to look thru it, the store that i saw it at did not / would not open one for me to see.

my plan it to put it on my ak, i think it being 2x would help alittle in being a little more precise ( like an ak can be precise ). from what i can see on the internet they go for around 80 bucks, the shop i saw it at wanted $112
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Might try throwing this into the optics forum....I've looked at these myself but haven't been able to play with one yet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Scotty,

I just saw one at a local gun shop here in the N. Dallas area, and asked to look through it. All I can say is, yes it's 2x. The FOV just plain sucks. It's like looking through a fish-eye lens. Major distortion around the edge and useless magnification and very small amount of forgiveness to eye placement, since you need to keep your head directly behind the centerline of the sight to see through it. No recommended IMHO. Go red dot, or 2X scope. This marriage by TruGlo was pretty poor.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking of putting one of these on a 10/22, so...

TAG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top