Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2001 8:03:21 PM EDT
is it possible?

say i have a registered suppressor, and i live in Virginia

i want to go shooting at my uncles in PA.  can i legally bring the suppressor?  how about since i would have to drive through Maryland?

thanks
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to file and get back an approved 5320.20 to transport it to another state.

Driving through MD is fine, as long as you've got it locked up in the trunk, and it's legal at your start and end points.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 12:33:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Silencers and AOW firearms need no approval to travel across state lines. Any where you stop and use these items must fall within state laws.

If you request it ATF will include AOWs and Silencers on form 5320.20 and even though it is not legally required an uneducated Local LE officer might see some federal form and let you go when without the form he might delay you while he checks legality.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I knew AOW's didn't need the 5320.20, but not about the supressors - thanks for the update, Dave.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I put my SBR's AND suppressor all on the 5320.20, avoid the hassle of some uninformed officer trying to take your can because he don't know any better. Look at it as a "safeguard", to go along with your Form-1 and 4's. I sent my 2002 calender year papers out this morning, lets see how long it takes, 2001 were about 16 days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top