Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 7:08:07 AM EDT
Here are my questions;

1. Is it legal to allow people to ride in the back of a Pickup truck?
2. As the driver/owner of my Pickup, am I legally responsible to ensure that all adults have their safety belts on?
3. If marijuana is found on my truck, can the police confiscate my pickup?

thanks for your answers.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:20:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Here are my questions;

1. Is it legal to allow people to ride in the back of a Pickup truck?Generally no,  but there are exceptions
2. As the driver/owner of my Pickup, am I legally responsible to ensure that all adults have their safety belts on? Yes
3. If marijuana is found on my truck, can the police confiscate my pickup?  Lots of wiggle room on this,  Two joints?  No.  2700 pounds?  Oh yeah.

thanks for your answers.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:29:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Texas

Persons 18 and older, vehicles that are the only vehicles owned by members of the household; vehicles in parades, hayrides, or on beaches, or being used in an emergency; vehicles in farm operations used to transport persons from field to field or on farm to market roads or on county roads outside municipalities

www.hwysafety.org/safety_facts/state_laws/cargo_laws.htm
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here are my questions;

1. Is it legal to allow people to ride in the back of a Pickup truck?Generally no,  but there are exceptions
2. As the driver/owner of my Pickup, am I legally responsible to ensure that all adults have their safety belts on? Yes
3. If marijuana is found on my truck, can the police confiscate my pickup?  Lots of wiggle room on this,  Two joints?  No.  2700 pounds?  Oh yeah.

thanks for your answers.

2700 Lbs.  Damn, thats one big pickup.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here are my questions;

thanks for your answers.

2700 Lbs.  Damn, thats one big pickup.

Not really, one trooper about 12 years  back found 3100 pounds packed into the bed, door panels, spare tire, around the engine, behind the bumper, and in the seat cushions of a 1990 one ton Chevy crew cab.

He smelled it.  The whole parking lot outside his dinner stop reeked of marijuana.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Black rifle, I think your questions have been answered well, but I have an addition. If you have friends that are smokers. Strip search them before they get in your ride. I have lots of friends that are smokers, you do not bring your shit to my house or have it in my ride. I WILL not go down because of somebody else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top