Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 12:00:31 PM EDT
Well, its gonna be a fun afternoon. Ive spent the last 3 hours trying to pull a stuck bullet out of my new muzzeloader.    no friggin luck.

Took it to the range this morning, it was hangfiring, i think my pyrodex my be bad or something (i bought that yesterday too)

anyway, on shot 5 pop, no bang, so i retried like 8 times. After that i dissasembeled it and drenched my powder with water out of my camelback.

now im in the process of discovering that its damn near impossible to bull a t/c 250 grain shockwave spirepoint  with a polycarbonate tip, and i dont think the fact that its a sabot is helping much either.

Next time im shooting balls, i didnt want sabots but tharts what the store had, and im trying to get ready for blackpowder deer which opens next weekend.

anyone got any ideas on how i can do this easier?

btw its a cva bobcat (i know its cheap but im not rich)

thanx yall

glr
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you need that little tool that can screw into the front of the bullet, where it can be pulled out.  I think it's called a "worm."
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]
thats what im using, i think the prollem is that the bellet is a spire point (just like a regular 223 bullet) and its kicking it off to the side, it looks like ive worn it down, but the bullet is also jacketed

i am trting the puller though

i knew i should have bopught round balls.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Ummmm OK. I guess the only other option would be to procure one of those little things that uses a CO2 catridge to blow the bullet out from the nipple end.

Probably not gonna be something you find locally though. Probably Cabela's.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
kind of a bad idea wetting down the powder.  What I would have done would be to pull the screw out the side of the flash pan dohicky.  Then I would of knocked out any of the old powder that I could from that little hole.  Then I would have put in some new real black powder in that hole. and then try to set it off.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Load discharger

Here it is.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#6]
wetting it down was the only way they would let me clear off the range, the guy running it is a major and has kind of an i know everything ego prollem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top