Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/8/2004 12:08:21 PM EST
Had to buy a new mailbox to replace the new one I put up about a month ago because Mrs. Pic didn’t like it. She told me to get a green plastic mailbox, which I did. That made sense because the original mailbox had rusted up pretty badly.

The new mailbox, the plastic one, had hinge problems so I went looking for a green steel replacement.

I couldn’t find any that met her exacting specifications, so I got a white one and decided to paint it green. At the last minute I was told of her change in plans. She wanted it fire engine red.

Anyway, it’s ready to go as soon as the paint dries.

Whatever. I will soon put it up and that will be that.

When I bought it, I saw that the Postmaster General had approved it.

It made me think.

What does the Postmaster General do all day?

Does he really sit around huge piles of mailboxes approving them?

“This one’s OK, here’s another good one. Nope, this one’s dented. OK. OK. OK. Nope, send this piece of junk back.”

Of course, the Assistant Postmaster General is the guy that brings the mailboxes into his office to inspect. He also takes the inspected ones out. Pile A is for those that pass muster, Pile B is for those that don’t.

The Assistant looks forward to the day when he can sit around all day looking at mailboxes.

No wonder we have so many postal workers flipping out!

How about the Swiss Army? Do they sit around all day making knives?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:17:31 PM EST
A little too much seaweed today pic?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:19:24 PM EST
You really need to take the SEC for a walk.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:40:28 PM EST
good thing you've limited yourself to a thought per day
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:44:16 PM EST
Uh, I know I'm being literal-minded here, but the Swiss Army Knives are made by Victorinox and Wenger, and only one model is issued by the Swiss Army (aka the populace). Both Victorinox and Wenger make that model, though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:49:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By arowneragain:
You really need to take the SEC for a walk.

A walk on the "Wild Side".

And post story and pics.

Been awhile, ya know.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:52:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By MagKnightX:
Uh, I know I'm being literal-minded here, but the Swiss Army Knives are made by Victorinox and Wenger, and only one model is issued by the Swiss Army (aka the populace). Both Victorinox and Wenger make that model, though.

How come every time I get a perfectly good half-baked idea, some rocket scientist comes charging in with the facts and ruins a perfectly good half-baked thread?
Top Top