Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2002 2:59:03 PM EDT
MAN, it seems like every topic must have to have the acronym SHTF...  its SHTF rifle, SHTF HP ammo or SHTF flash light.

it is getting, worn out and very few people have any clue what it means (other than it involves a bunch of shooting).  Can we come up with a new or several new more descriptive terms?[soapbox]

something like:
W.W.III
Armageddon
anty-Easter
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
How about this one:

"When the bad people are really here being mean" OR(WTBPARHBM)[:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Fourteen Underaged Chinese Kommunists Entering DaYard  (FUCKED)   :P
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
How about:
WTURUTDTL
When The Undead Rise Up To Devour The Living.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#5]
There's also "TEOTWAWKI" *, can't forget that one.

Any advice (since we're speaking of it) on a TEOTWAWKI computer? Must be highspeed internet capable, double as toaster, run off hemp leftovers, and a minimum output of about 25 gallons of decent beer a day wouldn't hurt too much either.

* "The End Of The World As We Know It"
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm kinda partial to the final phrase heard on most recovered cockpit voice recorders: "Aw, shit!"  From this one can extrapolate to SHTG, Shit Hits The Ground.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#7]
TEOTWAWKI was the most over-used, hackneyed acronym of 1999.  That damn saying was repeated ad nauseum on about every firearms/survival/y2k website on this planet.  Thank God we are rid of TEOTWAWKI.

How nice to see that SHTF has overtaken it as our acronym of choice... what the hell is next?            

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#9]
How's about: IJSMP

"I just shit my pants.""
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How's about: IJSMP

"I just shit my pants.""
View Quote

That's exactly right.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#12]
 AHBL - All Hell Breaks Loose
 FHTS - Fan Hits The Sh*t
 E.T. - End Times

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys are much. I never laughed so hard in my life......

How about POOPShoot

Pissed off oriental phu***kers shooting everyone!
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#14]
TWOJACL:
The Words Of Just Another Chicken Little
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm still waiting for people to realize that the S will never HTF like everyone fantasizes about....

We will never be shooting at each other randomly and or living in tiny bunkers out in the woods, hiding from whoever might come and take your jacket... or those crates of MREs and cans of Pork & Beans you have hoarded that are 20+ years old....

Ammo will never be the currency...
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Are you saying i need to get a new handle?

Maybe TEOTWAWKIman?

any Ideas?
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
those crates of MREs and cans of Pork & Beans you have hoarded that are 20+ years old....

View Quote

I also have cans of SPAM. Just wondering how long man could live on pork&beans and SPAM [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#18]
If we voted now

IJSMP

has to be the WINNER
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
those crates of MREs and cans of Pork & Beans you have hoarded that are 20+ years old....

View Quote

I also have cans of SPAM. Just wondering how long man could live on pork&beans and SPAM [rolleyes]

Forgot to add we all need SHTF rubbers [:o]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#21]
IJSMPman
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Does this mean you are going to cancel your order for special SHTF toilet paper?
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#24]
OSIOB

"Oh Shit, I'm Out of Beer."
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#25]

I guess it would be cute to "make like an Ostrich and bury our heads in the sand"-

MLAOABOHITS

The Fact is that when [b]SHIT HITS THE FAN[/b], most of America will be utterly unprepared, and will be crying like children for the "Government" to help them...
The Government will be most likely looking to their own defense/security, and possibly setting up a quarantine area around the affected Metro.
Good luck getting food, water, electricity, medical supplies, or "protection" from the Government in that scenario.
Hopefully there will be no shooting. Odds are the prepared will need to defend their prepa"rations". That's Human Nature.

If you think SHTF is not a valid concept in this day and age, I have a good deal for you... Its a very nice bridge I'd like to sell, connects Manhattan to Brooklyn...I'll take 200 MRE's for a 10% share...

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#26]
The S hits the F. It just does. I'll bet that right now the S is hitting the F for someone somewhere in the world. Don't say it can't or won't happen to you. Because it very well might. SHTF on 9/11 in the USA. Maybe no one needed their SHTF ammo or SHTF MREs, but I watched on TV as large amounts of S hit many peoples' Fs. LA knows how to put on a good SHTF, and Florida can claim their own from that MFin monster of a hurricane (was it Andrew? Can't remember...). Just because we're not all drivin around Australia in Dune Buggies doesn't mean the S ain't hittin the F. Right now I live near a river that might decide to flood on me one day. If that day comes I know I can grab my SHTF AR and my SHTF 45, and get in my SHTF raft, not forgetting a couple SHTF MREs and SHTF bottled water. Maybe I'll bring along a pair of IJSMP pants, just in case.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
. . .Right now I live near a river that might decide to flood on me one day. If that day comes I know I can grab my SHTF AR and my SHTF 45, and get in my SHTF raft, not forgetting a couple SHTF MREs and SHTF bottled water. . .
View Quote

That is really funny.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#28]
I think some people want a SHTF event to happen.  These are people who have never been in combat and will IJSMP if it does.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What do you use for a SHTF flashlight?  
;)
View Quote

my primary SHTF flashlight is the surefire 9P.
my backup SHTF light is a 5 D cell maglight
the maglight is also my SHTF baton

thank you tatjana for playing and for being the only one who understands a very sick person.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Is W.W.C.E.D.?(what would clint eastwood do)- still acceptable?

anyone have any SHTF underwear, well i know a few of you have IJSMP underwear, i mean the first kind...?
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 10:00:15 PM EDT
[#31]
IJSMP ... laughing

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Okay, now that I've cleaned myself up ...

Anyone who has not made any preparations for some level of self defense and providing for basic needs like food, water, and heat for more than the average joe (like maybe 5 days) shows a lack of knowledge of human history and the remorseless cycle of S Hitting TF every generation in a major way somewhere in the world.

It will probably be sparked by some loser culture (Islamic comes to mind) doing something spectacular, but the decline will be over a long period of time (kind of like the ongoing stock market crash).

That's okay, I just recently awoke from the dreamworld myself.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#33]
What would happen if TTHTF? (This Thread hits the fan)? Will it be The End Of This Thread As We Know It?
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone who thinks that the SHTF scenario is not a possibility is FUBAR!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top