Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 6:56:28 AM EDT
one of my buddies is the master of the tin foil and came up with a couple i have never heard of.

the first one has to due with eggs.  he says that the industry stores and keeps a back log of eggs in massive underground mines.  they store them in cool temps from anywhere from a month to a couple years and they do it because hens don't lay eggs at a constant rate.  in order to keep a constant supply and even price they store eggs and rotate them out.  That is why “store bought” eggs don’t taste as good as farm fresh eggs.  

The other one has to do with milk and how they get %milk.  He says they take whole milk and freeze dry it and make it a powder or “milk chalk”  they can then store it for many years and when they need milk they can add water to the milk chalk and reconstitute it.  To make ½% milk they mix whole milk with a ton of water and call it good.  

Is there even a shred of truth to any of this?

Thanks.    
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#1]
it's all true!

the businesses intentionally spends a ton of money to manage and store eggs in mine shafts just to turn around and sell them later.

Why would you think someone could make money by freeze drying milk and then turning back around and making it liquid again just to sell it?  When all they have to do is pasteurize it and sell it?

Think McFly Think!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#2]
If he read it on the internet,it must be true .
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Easy, no.

ETA: But I would like to try some of that weed he's smoking. Must be some good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#4]
IBNT

Is your friends name Dale Gribble?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:08:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Do Elvis and JFK keep watch over the eggs and powdered milk in their secret underground caves?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:10:05 AM EDT
[#6]
This one is actually true:

A while back, the .gov experimented with irradiated milk that had greatly extended shelf life.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:11:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Who, Me?  

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This one is actually true:

A while back, the .gov experimented with irradiated milk that had greatly extended shelf life.

I've seen expierments done with fresh produce and meat. The results are amazing. Greatly extended shelf life.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
IBNT

Is your friends name Dale Gribble?

SHACKLEFORD, Rusty Shackleford. I dont know this Dale Gribble you speak of
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:18:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
one of my buddies is the master of the tin foil and came up with a couple i have never heard of.

the first one has to due with eggs.  he says that the industry stores and keeps a back log of eggs in massive underground mines.  they store them in cool temps from anywhere from a month to a couple years and they do it because hens don't lay eggs at a constant rate.  in order to keep a constant supply and even price they store eggs and rotate them out.  That is why “store bought” eggs don’t taste as good as farm fresh eggs.  

The other one has to do with milk and how they get %milk.  He says they take whole milk and freeze dry it and make it a powder or “milk chalk”  they can then store it for many years and when they need milk they can add water to the milk chalk and reconstitute it.  To make ½% milk they mix whole milk with a ton of water and call it good.  

Thanks.    

It’s true that hens don’t lay at a consent rate. But let’s think this through I can spend huge sums of money to ship and store eggs and milk or I can raise the price of eggs and milk when supply doesn’t meet demand. Are these guys out to make a profit? You decide which one is true.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#11]
IIRC,

The .gov used to buy all the surplus milk and make cheese and powdered milk out of it. I don't think they've done that since the Reagan era though.

Some of you are probably too young to remember when the .gov had all these big cheese give-aways in the poor areas and for senior citizens. I had a black market source (grandma) for it, it was pretty good mild cheddar cheese.  

That said, I don't think the egg thing would work.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#13]
This theory is entirely wrong.

Everyone knows that we get our huge egg supply from big buckin' chickens. They produce eggs at a rate of 500/minute in peak operating conditions. If not for our constantly devouring their soon-to-be offspring the buckin' chickens would irradicate the human race in a matter of days if left unchecked.

Milk is actually delivered to Earth by a race far advanced over our own. They have a celestial milking plant in the Triangulum nebula which is filled with gigantic milk giving space rats originally taken from Omicron Persei 8  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#14]
more stuff that they wont tell you about..

boneless chicken, comes in two forms. one genetically altered chickens that have zero, nada, zilch bones.. very gross to take care off, somewhat like feathered slugs..

then there is boneless chicken made by using special chemicals either injected into the poor creatures whilst they are still alive or they are thrown into a vat that desolves their internal bones...

next time you eat one of these chicken sandwiches, think about it...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Thanks.    

Are you trolling?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#16]
That's not really Tin Foil Hattery.  It's more like Asshattery.

-James
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#17]
City folk.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top