Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 8:08:26 AM EDT
this was posted at another shooting forum...  so far, half the responses are praising this post  it really makes you wonder how our sport can survive.

out of repect for the site this was posted at, i'm excluding a link.  if you know where it is, i'd appriciate it if y'all didn't post a link either.  it's a great site with a lot of good members.  i don't want a fire mission, i just want y'all to see what other shooters think of us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I see the dissapearance of a class of hunters, real "sportsmen" the type that were around in the 30's-60's the "grand pa" type that would take you up to the the farm and you go to his gun room which smelled like old rich wood, whith a hint of hoppes and oil. The type of sportsmen who bought a bolt action rifle and devoted thir time to it and their 12ga SXS. They'd speak in that soft careing voice, not mushy or wishy washy, but they seemed like they cared! They were respectfull to their environment and game. They were outdoors men as well!
Today, I see AR,AK crazed people who spray and are obnoxious in every way. Todays shooters dont care about the wilderness, they want the super,ultra gargantuan mag rifles. They litter and drool over the next synthetic "bushmaster elite XXII. I see very little of it here on ***, but on other forums it is a widespread epidemic. The "sportsmen" of yester year have vanished, the urban yuppies with their tactical synthetical uber ultra super shooters have superceded them.
The sportsmen I have grown up with and admired have died, their children in wallstreet or on welfare. It is the age of the jerk!
I am distraught.
Years ago, everyones first rifle was a single shot or bolt- this day and age the blasphemous 10/22 has dominated with all the trigger happy delinquints who are children of the jerks.
Sorry to rant, I am thoroughly dissapointed!
***"
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey I started with a 10/22!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I kinda like my 10/22.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I started with a 22 bolt.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#4]
it appears to me that the hunting and shooting sports have just progressed over the years. Don't be affraid of change, roll with it
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Lemme sum it up for those who don't want to read that:

"Shooters of today only care about ARs and littering while shooters from 40 - 50 years ago spoke in caring voices and gave a damn. Modern shooters are scum."

Those are the cliff-notes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#6]
i started with a winchester m62 pump.  

totally refinished and refurbished it and gave it to my nephew last christmas.

along with my best skinning knife.  and sheath.

pass it along, it only grows moldy with age.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I was raised by one of those "true outdoorsmen" he's talking about. My first gun was a bolt action .22. I took most of the deer I've ever shot with a muzzle loader. I competed in NRA's Youth Marksmanship program. We ate everything we killed, and did all the butchering ourselves. I still hunt when I have time (rarely for now). So how again did I end up an AR fanatic, or worse, a machine gun fanatic?

Must have been all that country air!!!

Too bad they fail to realize that the 2nd has nothing to do with hunting or outdoorsmanship.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#8]
[muzzle loader] Those damn breach loading metallic cartridge shooters are ruining everything. [/muzzle loader]

[breach loading metallic cartridge shooters] Those lever action shooters are ruining everything. [/breach loading metallic cartridge shooters]

[lever action shooters] Those semi-auto shooters are ruining everything. [/lever action shooters]

[semi-auto shooters] Those kids with their phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range are ruining everything. [/semi-auto shooters]

Things change. Adapt.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I did'nt buy an AR to hunt with it....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#10]
when the SHTF I'm going to his house to loot his weatherbys in an unsporting manner.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Fuck that twat.  

Right next to my AR in my closet is my 1874 Sharps Heavy Target, for which I load black powder cartridges using bullets that I  cast myself.  I also mixed the lube myself.  

As Sean Connery's character in the League of Extrordinanry Gentlemen said "If you can't do it with one bullet, don't do it at all"

I get 1-1 1/4" groups at 100 with that sucker.  

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:19:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Horses Ass.
You aren't up against anything like that. I'm surprised you would waste your time copying and pasting it here.

Why do so many on here feel that hunters are the enemy?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yep I get that question a lot "Whucha go'n to do with dat thang, turn em to hamburger or sumthing?"  I call it my looter shooter.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#14]
The hunters of yesteryear would get blizted on pappy's moonshine before they went into the field.

Oh and I own several 10/22's.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, that is why gun owners are fucked.  My old gun club was populated with gunowners who thought action shooting was too "aggressive", 5 rounds in a mag was 4 too many, and that AR's are for punks.  

I was doing double tap drills, and some old asshole came up to me and said "Five rounds in a handgun!".  I said "I know", and went back to shooting.  He came back a minute later and  said "I told you five rounds in a mag at a time!"  At which point I just picked up a few of the 12 mags on the bench and said "I can reload as fast as I want." He just got a disgusted look on his face and walked away.  Jerks like that are why new shooter's are scared away.  He's the kind of dipshit that give a new shooter a 12g or a 300 Win mag to shoot the first time.  Yeah, the person will never shoot again, but he got his kicks.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:21:37 AM EDT
[#16]
That was very condescending towards anybody that likes some thing other than a good ol' bolt action.

I am very respectful of the environment in which I shoot, and I usually pack out more trash than just my own.

Some people just need to get over themselves.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Horses Ass.
You aren't up against anything like that. I'm surprised you would waste your time copying and pasting it here.

Many of US are hunters!!  Maybe we get tired of other hunters dogging us because we also have military guns in addition to hunting guns.  I've been verbally abused by a few hunters myself, even as I hunted with a home made Kentucky Rifle.  They need to get with the program and understand that we and they have a common enemy. As long as they keep going along with AWB's and such, they're helping the other side.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I did.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe 60 years ago you didn't have gun grabers and the sociallists trying to conrol every aspect of your life either?!?!?

People didn't HAVE to care about the 2nd ammendment (Though if they DID maybe we wouldn't be in this mess today). I don't hunt and don't care to. I have nothing against it and have done it in the past but it is not my thing. It is important that people DO hunt.

I shoot guns because it is fun and it is my right. This guy makes me want to buy some more black rifles and cut him off on the highway as I drive home. Retards like this don't realize that the exact same attitude is what cost sportsmen in the UK and Austrailia their rights. It is called divide and conquer. Maybe some day the banners will get around to banning something HE likes.

I hear by revoke his MAN card and offer him a ticket to Canada. I wish the next banning bill would be for "sniper" rifles and "Street Sweeper" shotguns (your beloved hunting rifles and skeet guns) so these but-tards would get a clue we are all in this togher. But more than likely if it was banned he would give it up and take up golf without a second thought.....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Horses Ass.

Because many "hunters" have a thourough distain for that of the Evil Black Rifle "EBR".  If you have not experienced the "old timer" at the range scowl when you pull out your bushy or RR, you don't know.  

Many of these same type of hunters support candidates that support gun-control.  Many these same hunters would cheer if the AWB came back.  

What many of them fail to understand, or seem to lack the ability to understand, is that the Second Amendment is not about their beloyed hunting in the outdoors - it is about the unabridged right to keep and bear arms.  Arms of any kind anyone damn well pleases.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

This guy makes me want to buy some more black rifles and cut him off on the highway as I drive home.

Gee what a grown-up way to look at it .
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Horses Ass.

oh, i don't know...  maybe you should try reading the first post in this thread

i've done my share of hunting, but a lot of members here(myself included) have to put of with that type of bullshit on a regualar basis.  

and yes, we are up against people like that.  it's those people that are a huge threat to our gun rights - the gun owners who don't care and want to see all the "evil guns" taken away from us because we don't need them
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Ruger 77/22 !
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
when the SHTF I'm going to his house to loot his weatherbys in an unsporting manner.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like he's pissed because the range was full of year-round shooters last time he made his annual trip to the range... the week before hunting season.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:33:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Fuck the "sportsman of yester year" and fuck that whinney little piece of shit bitch ass mother fucker pining away over men in flannel.

You know Mr. Hunter Man? Two can play at your game:

The second amendment wasn't written so that you could off into the woods and shoot some poor defenseless creature that you think would look nice over your fireplace. The second amendment was written so that citizens armed with the most modern military firearms could defend themselves and this nation from external invaders, internal tyrants and criminals. I practice with my AR15 and my AK-47 for the day that I have to use them to defend my life. You on the other hand practice for the day that you get to nab a new decoration for your den. If I am ever forced to take a life with my weapon it will be because someone has armed themselves and entered my domain with the intent of harming me. Kinda like what you do when you go into the woods with a shotgun or a rifle to shoot and kill an animal that has done nothing to harm you. I believe that people who kill for pleasure, who find enjoyment in taking a life to be far more dangerous than rude, obnoxious yuppies, and I find the wanton slaughter of other species to be disgusting. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go a buy a 10/22.

Let the Elmer Fudd's hear that a few times and maybe they'll learn to shut their fucking mouths!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This guy makes me want to buy some more black rifles and cut him off on the highway as I drive home.

Gee what a grown-up way to look at it .

Well I'm having trouble with the targeting computer on my vehicle mounted plasma cannon, so I'll just have to settle for cutting him off in traffic......  

People like this are more of a problem than the libertards. They undermine us 100x's more than any gun grabber because they "look" like they are on our side. Makes me see red
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Alright, I must be missing something then. I started off hunting which I learned from my father whom also was an NRA member that built a few rifles and knives of his own. I am into the EBRs, pistols and all the tactical rigama roll, but my primary love is hunting. Most of the guys I hunt with understand what is going on with the 2nd Amendment and wish to defend it, however they are not quite as fanatical about preserving our RKBA as I am. I view my hunting partners as allies in our fight to protect the 2nd Amendment. Since some of the recent events, 9-11, Katrina, social riots, etc. my hunting friends have asked me to help them build an AR-15.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#30]
'Divide and conquer', that's all that is necessary for the other side to win.

And this old idiot is too hung up with his own predilections to recognize it.

Say, isn't his the same generation that butchered classic Springfields, Enfields, and Mausers into 'sporterized' pieces of hideous junk?

Sometimes being old does not equate to being smart.

Eric The(WiseBeyondHisEars)Hun
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#31]
But I don't hunt.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Say, isn't his the same generation that butchered classic Springfields, Enfields, and Mausers into 'sporterized' pieces of hideous junk?

Wha-smack!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I was raised by one of those "true outdoorsmen" he's talking about. My first gun was a bolt action .22. I took most of the deer I've ever shot with a muzzle loader. I competed in NRA's Youth Marksmanship program. We ate everything we killed, and did all the butchering ourselves. I still hunt when I have time (rarely for now). So how again did I end up an AR fanatic, or worse, a machine gun fanatic?

Must have been all that country air!!!

Too bad they fail to realize that the 2nd has nothing to do with hunting or outdoorsmanship.

Same here.  I had a BB gun from when I was knee-high to a grasshopper.  Then I moved up to a bolt-action .22.  Before I was 10 years old, I was taught how to operate a muzzle loader--a flintlock even.  I was also taught how to clean it afterward.  The rule was that if I shot it, I had to clean it--soapy water in the bathtub and all.  When I turned 12, I shot, gutted, skinned, and butchered my first deer.  We always ate what we shot, except for the pests like coyotes and rockchucks that we shot to protect calves and hay fields.  

I respect and admire old-time hunter types, but I get just as much joy out of shooting an AR-15, an MP5, or an AK-47 as I do the old flintlock muzzle-loader or my old bolt-action .22.  It's all good.  Everyone should have one of each.

I do get pissed off at the jerks that take all their trash to the range and just leave it there after they shoot it up.   That kind of shooter doesn't get much respect from me either.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:05:58 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Horses Ass.

Because hunters throw the "black rifle" owners to the wolves, in the hope of appeasing the anti-gunners.
I have heard it many times at the gun shop/range/gun show/what have you.
"It's cause of folks like you and your damn ah-salt riffles that them anti-gunners are after us!"

This, of course, only applies to the ones who think the 2nd Amendment is about hunting.
They would gladly sacrifice us, to save themselves.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Horses Ass.

Because so many of them are will to throw everyone elses right out the window to save their duck and deer guns
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:17:40 AM EDT
[#37]
"Back in my day, I had to walk barefoot in the freezing cold to school, uphill both ways!  We didn't have no fancy TV's and Nintendos.  We chopped wood and we liked it.  I had to go out and catch lightning bugs in a jar to provide light to study by..."

Seriously, this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.  What's it to him what have in my safe?  He sounds like a classic car nut who's whining because not everybody drives a 68' Mustang.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
'Divide and conquer', that's all that is necessary for the other side to win.

And this old idiot is too hung up with his own predilections to recognize it.

You took my words Mr. Hun. "Divide and Conquer" indeed.
But for us what is to be our course of action? Will we have better luck converting the "sportsmen" or will our energy be best spent bringing the "guns are icky" moonbats to the dark-rifle side? Both can be done.
Damnit, we NEED to be UNITED
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top