Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 10:47:25 PM EST
I lived most of my life in CA and fished for trout and bass. I moved to WA and it is all about the salmon up here. any tips? line, lures, rods, reels, anything helps.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:05:03 PM EST
Book a guided trip. Learn all the spots that he takes you, and what he is using to catch fish. If you are a fast learner you will only need to do this once, then you have all the info you need to fish the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:07:45 AM EST
dynamite
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:12:12 AM EST
I was just out on the Snohomish and got me a nice Coho.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:14:32 AM EST
Originally Posted By Stag556:
Book a guided trip. Learn all the spots that he takes you, and what he is using to catch fish. If you are a fast learner you will only need to do this once, then you have all the info you need to fish the rest of your life.

+1 besides eventhough you will learn what works best in that particular stream I have found that what works in the Sol-Duc may not work in the Bogachiel (sp) or the Hoh. BUT the technique and presentations are usually the same it just gets down to the difference in lures and colors. If your serious I would find a good 8.5 or 9 ft rod and a good baitcaster reel with good line capacity in the 12 - 20 lbs class and call it a day. If your fly fishing your gonna have to get someone else's opinion as I don't fly fish.

Oh before you WA boys call BS I lived in Forks and still visit family up there and steelhead are a passion of mine.

Po-Po

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:01:11 AM EST
You fish with poles, you feed yourself with nets.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:04:12 AM EST
There is a lot of good bass, trout, and walleye fishing here as well, plus a bunch more. You aren't stuck with salmon and steelhead.
Top Top