Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2003 4:25:47 PM EDT
hi all

im thinking about selling a cz 75b and getting a springfield xd in 40 cal. anyone have any reviews about this handgun?

thanks
lojack
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It's cool. I have one, and I like it. Instead of feeling like a double action trigger, it feels more like a 2-stage. You take up the slack, and then there is a deffinate increase in effort. Then, it's just like a single action with a [i]slight[/i] amount of creep. I hear that that can be corrected by stoning the sear down a bit, but, it could make the gun unsafe.

One major gripe of owners is the relatively weak finish of the slide on the models that have a black slide. Basicly, I think it's like a black parkerizing. They have a web board at [url]www.hs2000talk.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got an XD-9, the GF has a CZ 75BD.  You really can't go wrong with either of them.

The XD trigger is nice in that there's no DA/SA transition and it's the one that I shoot most consistantly in our collection.

Night sights for Sigs will fit it and if you get them you'll need to have them factory installed or have a smith do it.  Most people report it's a bear driving the sights out/in with a punch (mine wouldn't budge a millimeter when I tried).

Factory mags are under 20 bucks apiece.

My ONLY beef with the gun is the standard slide finish.  It's really not that great but that doesn't affect the function of the weapon.  You could always get a stanless slide model for durablity.

The one thing that might bug you about the XD is the high bore axis.  For me it's never been an issue, but I've seen some people comment that they just can't get past that.

For sure check out [url]hs2000talk.com[/url]  That's the source for all things HS2000/XD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top