Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 1:04:24 PM EDT
shes hates doctors and is pretty stressed out and paceing the floor . and i just got 2 days off !

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I had mine done a year ago. No pain, minor discomfort for a day. feels like something is in your eye. I went from 20/400 to 20/15. I think it is money well spent.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Careful, if her vision improves she might just see how much of an ugly SOB you really are .

I have an appointment to get mine done here in 2 weeks.  My glasses have become a serious liability, mostly because of fogging up outside when i am working in the cold.  I lost sight of my 2 year old boy the other day while we were playing and that was the clincher.  

Keep us posted on her recovery.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Careful, if her vision improves she might just see how much of an ugly SOB you really are .

I had mine done 4 years  ago and went from 20/400 to 20/15 in my left eye and 20/20 in my right eye. Best investment I ever made. Kinda freaky when they peel the flap back and everything goes blurry, then you smell the laser burning the flesh in your eye

I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]
had mine done. at the time i didna know the proceedure..

for me at least:

1. lay down on table..
2. nurse puts things in your eyes to hold them open (ever see clockwork orange the movie..? just like that).
3. nurse puts deadening eyedrops in your eye..
4. nurse makes sure you are numb..
5. doc puts a metal thing on top of the your eye. thing has a horseshoe shapped track in it.
6. doc puts saw into track and saws a u in the skin covering your eyeball
7. doc takes tweezers and pulls back flap.
9. activates lazer which zap.zap.zaps the eyeball to take off he desired amount of flesh
10. doc lays flap back down on eyeball.
11. doc gives you script for pain-discomfort

i was pretty irratated the next day.. felt like sand in the eye. no pain though. i have very sensitive eyes though and couldna ever wear contacts.

eyesight imporved vastly. but i lost my ability to see close up (knew that was trade off). now use reading glasses.

worth it .. yes. but the saw thing still makes me cringe...

they have other procedures now.. that was the one they used on me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#6]
It'll be the best thing she ever did.  They gave me a little something to relax before my surgery.  It's not a big deal.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope all goes well bro.  Keep us up to speed on the results.

Oh yeah, try to score some of that pharmaceutical cocain that they use to deaden that eye.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#8]
For those who have had it done recently, what is it costing these days?

I was a little concerned about losing my close up vision but I'm starting to lose it anyway so WTH, why not just go ahead and do it.

I'm so tired of glasses.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#9]
well shes back and feels better , only the left eye with the stigmatism was done . she will be able to see close up but things real far away will still be blurred to a certian extent . the night vision should be alot better now . it cost right around 1500 bucks .

she handled it like a trooper .

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Awsome.  How long before she can resume normal activities?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Good deal, 688!

Give her a +1 for us!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Awsome.  How long before she can resume normal activities?

there was a problem with the flap and they had to put a contact lense on , and it will come off in 3 days  .  i figger by tuesday everything should be better .

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top