Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2011 4:46:40 PM EDT
I am sitting here watching Family Guy.

While I profoundly disagree with MacFarlane's politics...his show does an ingenious job mocking all the stupid talking points "conservatives" use constantly.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
In.

And do you ever see them mocking liberal talking points?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In.

And do you ever see them mocking liberal talking points?

No, and I don't really care...

I choose to not recuse myself from any form of entertainment that may involve a liberal during production.

Do you listen to the radio?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#3]
dt...

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't even know what his personal political views are, but I've never been bothered by any of the politics on the show. I get a kick out of the shots he takes at both sides.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]
In.  But I don't recall anything specific.  Just seems to rehash pop-culture references and do a lot of cartoon slapstick crap.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Uhh....Shitstorm inbound

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#7]
It's not that I don't watch family guy because I disagree with the politics, it's that I don't watch family guy because it's the same unfunny rehashed 80s pop-culture references and crappy jokes over and over again.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not a fan of the show personally but it seems like both sides get it pretty good. I did like the Rush episode...

"Of course Pelosi smokes crack!"
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm not a fan of the show personally but it seems like both sides get it pretty good. I did like the Rush episode...

yep - both sides

a bit more against conservatives but, it's funny none the less
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Family Guy is still on the air?  I thought it was taken off the air when it stopped being funny around 2004.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#11]
On Blue Harvest.. I loved the Limbaugh, global warming, Hoth comment.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Like about any comedy show, sometimes its hilarious, sometimes it bombs, occasionally its offensive. I happen to be a huge fan of Family Guy and McFarlanes sense of humor.

I'll never understand the rabid hatred because conservatives and conservative values are occasionally the target.  I can take it.  They take shots ay everyone, no biggie, its still funny as hell.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I used to like family guy iuntil Seth got completely retarded and pushy about the liberal crap.

Am I the only one here who saw the Christmas special last year? It was an hour long communist propoganda piece.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#14]

The first 3ish seasons were the best.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I agree. I think it's mindless funny. I suppose when I'm a rich, successful cartoonist I'll make it anyway I please too.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I am sitting here watching Family Guy.

While I profoundly disagree with MacFarlane's politics...his show does an ingenious job mocking all the stupid talking points "conservatives" use constantly.

Well, lets here these "stupid talking points" and MacFarlane's ingenious mocking of them.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Somebody should punch him right in the hepatitus.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

yep - both sides  

a bit more against conservatives but, it's funny none the less

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#19]

LOL!

"Gay"
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Such as?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#21]
The "McCain Palin" button that the nazis were wearing in one episode was pretty distasteful,  The Vietnam War Memorial reference was EXTREMELY distasteful, and downright offensive.

The show is often clever, but 95% of the humor is just pop culture references from the 80's and 90's, which I'm not saying is a bad thing.  

South Park is still the best social commentary on TV, their family guy episode was pretty much spot on too.

FG is one of those shows you can have on in the background why you're doing something and not really paying attention.

Seth mcwhatever his name is, is a massive tool though, albeit a successful one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top