Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2002 2:44:40 PM EDT
[url]http://www.bright.net/~dknox/clips/dillon.html[/url]

a piss poor shot, with a gun show surplus mauser murdered 5 outdoorsman less than 15 years ago. and i'll bet you guys never heard of mr. dillon...who's rampage occured in my back yard.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
According to MSNBC, lots of journalists on the Washington beat live in Montgomery county to get away from the crime in Washington.

Because its in the medias backyard, it gets attention, happens in the rest of the country, they don't care.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I've heard of it Campy, a friend of mine used to think I was nuts for going out hunting alone because of what this psycho frigging moron did. I feel that Iam going to enjoy what I like to do which includes hunting and most of the time that is by myself . I refuse to cower like a lamb and if someone is out to do me harm the son of a bitch better have packed a lunch cause its going to be a long day for em'.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember reading about this this guy while keeping track of my born in state (Ohio) when I was working in Colorado.

Text book example of someone who killed animals for fun, and when the thrill was gone, went after humans.

Jay
[img]http://members.cox.net/azcop/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]
aimless...i agree....but only to an extent.

this new killing spree is not talked about here very much. no one at work talks about it. no one at the local diner talked about it. in fact, it wasn't on tonight's local news...nether radio nor tv.

my comments are directed more at the ar15com'rs absolutely freaking out that it MIGHT be an ar used in the shootings (although, to this point in time NOTHING FACTUAL has been reported to that end.

hell, we ak folks have had over 25 years of every other gun crime being committed with an ak...whether that was the case, or not.

feinstein muzzle-waves an ak...hell, we just laugh at it. those ar guys got their undies twisted 'cuz some dude MIGHT have used an ar? 'cuz some bureaucrat/leo drags out a beat up sp-1 (ALONG WITH A HALF-DOZEN OTHER RIFLES  that MIGHT have been used in the comission of the crime!) to show the press?

i say, "suck it up bunkie!". nothing new to see here, people.

they have trotted out the kalashnikov when an sks was used. hell, they even did it in one office slaying when the shooter turned out to have a shotgun and pair of pistols! lol!

maybe that's why i see it as so amusing. al queda sniper teams? new weapons bans? etc., etc.

just so much speculation and so little facts.

well, if this is the work of an al queda terrorist trained, crack sniping squad (can you hear me laughing?), one good ol' ohio nutcase can equal that tally. and even as wacked out as he was, he took on armed hunters, to boot.

if this is al queda, it is a pathetic showing given the target rich environment and opportunities the american public presents on a minute by minute basis.

for all our sakes, i, too, hope the wacko isn't using an ar...and no matter what he's using i hope he turns it on himself next!

damn yankee, i bicycle the same backroads that summer that two of the victims were killed along. i never once felt fear or panic. a man that lets fear rule his life is a dweeb, imo.

Link Posted: 10/4/2002 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I've heard about it. There was a piece on Discovery detailing that nut.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#7]
interesting story

that dude was a real nut job

Link Posted: 10/4/2002 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Campy, i forgot about that guy.  At the time I was just at the age that my parents would let me go hunting on my own. (we had our own farm) I remember that I was kinda scared for a while, (i was only 13 or 14), till they caught him.

I had a friend who swears that he saw the guy but i doubt if he did.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought he used a British .303 lee enfield.

....what if its a SAR3 in the MD shot?
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember!
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Me too!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 5:23:44 AM EDT
[#12]
there was a sniper in florida...operating with a similar m.o., i'm told.

i don't believe they ever caught that one.

anyone gotta link to his deeds?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 5:57:57 AM EDT
[#13]
So what happened to this sick puppy?

I had never heard of this before.

Please tell me that they toasted him or that he is waiting to get toasted!!!

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 6:08:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I remember reading about this this guy while keeping track of my born in state (Ohio) when I was working in Colorado.

Text book example of someone who killed animals for fun, and when the thrill was gone, went after humans.

Jay
[url]http://members.cox.net/azcop/images/iroc-cop.gif[/url]
View Quote

================================================

are you following me ???????[:D]

i too was born in Ohio, lived in Colo. & now i have planted myself in the desert......
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 6:12:09 AM EDT
[#15]
reaper...not too sure if i remember what his sentence was...multiple life's or life + 'x'...been a long time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top