Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/11/2002 5:41:59 PM EDT
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020711/od_uk_nm/oukoe_life_sesamestreet_1&printer=1[/url]

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sesame Street will soon introduce its first HIV ( news - web sites)-positive Muppet character to children of South Africa, where one in nine people have the virus that can lead to AIDS ( news - web sites).

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
That's just PC of them!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
oh great.
here we go with the permissive bullshit  "oh johnny, it's o.k. if you want to take it up the pooper, if it feels good, do it"

and if some of you think, "it's not about that, it's about tolerance of people with diseases"
bullshit, they could have given the characteer cancer.
but, i guess if you look at it, being a butt pirate rumpranger, tonsil jockey,skin surfing, anal aviator IS a disease of sorts..........
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
someone has a parallel thread going here [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=131638[/url]

Someone on that thread cracked my shit up when they said at least it will die in a couple seasons....[flame]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn Al, kinda reaching on this one aren't ya??
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmmm, I wonder how long until they introduce a muppet prostitute, muppet homosexual, muppet addict, etc. to show how AIDS is contracted and spread?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]Damn Al, kinda reaching on this one aren't ya??[/b]
View Quote

Exactly. I didn't see a mention of a gay merely one with AIDS. Personally, I don't think something quite so 'real' has a place in a 'fantasy' show (I mean, who looks to Sesame Street to teach their kids how to deal with someone with AIDS???) but to say that this has anything to do with homosexuality is a stretch..............unless you think AIDS is ONLY contracted by gay guys, in which case you'd be grossly misinformed.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

unless you think AIDS is ONLY contracted by gay guys, in which case you'd be grossly misinformed.
View Quote

There's a corrilation.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Come on guys...Bert and Ernie...room mates...same room...Duh!!!![sex]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hmmm, I didn't know we were suppose to hate kids that got AIDS through no fault of their own.
View Quote

I don't hate them. I do hate the person(s) responsible.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#12]
[b]There's a corrilation.[/b]
View Quote

So? The correlation between HIV contraction and homosexual sex is mimicked in heterosexual intercourse too. A correlation shows an association, not a causal relationship. THAT'S ALL.

Anyway, I'd like to see you put your money where your mouth is and fuck an AIDS infected woman. I bet you get AIDS. It's not a foregone conclusion but it's only a little bit less likely than if you boinked a man.

The reasons for the higher incident rate is mainly due to the greater liklihood of a tear in the rectum walls than vaginal walls i.e. it's a function of the method of intercourse, not sexuality. If you boinked a woman up the arse, you'd be about as likely to get HIV from her as a man.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#13]
By the way, I just want to make it clear, I'm not in favour of having an AIDS-infected character on a kid's show in the US, in agreeance with you. If here is to be educating done, it should be elsewhere.

However, Aimless makes a valid point; kids over there have to deal with that short of shyte every day so maybe the introduction is slightly more valid.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I just have trouble buying this, Al.  My son  watched Sesame Street while he was growing up, and I've yet to see him display any desire to boink a big, goofy looking yellow bird so far.

Edited because I had the wrong characters.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

So? The correlation between HIV contraction and homosexual sex is mimicked in heterosexual intercourse too. A correlation shows an association, not a causal relationship. THAT'S ALL.
View Quote

No shit, being gay doesn't cause aids. HIV supposidly does. This fact doesn't make the gay-aids correlation completely meaningless. To see this, I propose you explore this question "why is aids more common among gays than it is among heteros in america?

Anyway, I'd like to see you put your money where your mouth is and fuck an AIDS infected woman. I bet you get AIDS.
View Quote

You first. I didn't claim that straights are immune to HIV.

[red]It's not a foregone conclusion but it's only a little bit less likely than if you boinked a man.[/red]
View Quote

Interesting comment in red. Why do you suppose that is?

The reasons for the higher incident rate is mainly due to the greater liklihood of a tear in the rectum walls than vaginal walls i.e. it's a function of the method of intercourse, not sexuality. If you boinked a woman up the arse, you'd be about as likely to get HIV from her as a man.
View Quote
Uhuh, it has nothing to do with the fact that they stick it in practically anything that will move, does it. Whatever the cause, it is more common in faggots, so the correlation, while not proving causation obviously, is not meaningless.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just have trouble buying this, Al.  My son  watched Sesame Street while he was growing up, and I've yet to see him display any desire to boink a pig in a pink dress yet.
View Quote

I watched sesame street as a kid. Uh oh. I always though it was a good kids show. "1 ah ah ah" "2 ah ah ah". They should leave the politics out.

I guess this just bugs me, and I suspect the same people are behind it as are behind all of the "gay tolerance" crap invading entertainment and schools.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Foot firmly in mouth.

I fired off this topic without readin more than the first few lines of the headline, and I didn't pay attention to the fact that it's going to be in south africa. That makes it a little different, since it seems like the problem over there isn't so much fags but stupid people. I guess it's not much of a problem then.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#18]

The character -- which has yet to have a name or final colour or form -- will travel to many if not all of the eight other nations that air versions of the educational children's show

Schneider said talks are under way to introduce an HIV-positive character to U.S. viewers.
View Quote
No it ain't just south africa. That's the trial run for here. By the way, in south africa they think you can rid yourself of aids by having sex with a newborn baby.

Hey, if they want to introduce HIV-positive characters to US viewers, why not just take a camera to any redlight district in any major city? Why sugarcoat the harshness of real life as an HIV-positive character?

Better yet, when are they gonna have a shemale character or have a muppet get a sexchange on air or introduce a muppet with two mommies (or three daddies) or a muppet that REEEEEALLY loves doggies and gerbils?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The character -- which has yet to have a name or final colour or form -- will travel to many if not all of the eight other nations that air versions of the educational children's show

Schneider said talks are under way to introduce an HIV-positive character to U.S. viewers.
View Quote
No it ain't just south africa. That's the trial run for here. By the way, in south africa they think you can rid yourself of aids by having sex with a newborn baby.

Hey, if they want to introduce HIV-positive characters to US viewers, why not just take a camera to any redlight district in any major city? Why sugarcoat the harshness of real life as an HIV-positive character?

Better yet, when are they gonna have a shemale character or have a muppet get a sexchange on air or introduce a muppet with two mommies (or three daddies) or a muppet that REEEEEALLY loves doggies and gerbils?
View Quote

Damnit, I need to sleep so I regain my power of reading comprehension.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#20]
[b]Uhuh, it has nothing to do with the fact that they stick it in practically anything that will move, does it. Whatever the cause, it is more common in faggots, so the correlation, while not proving causation obviously, is not meaningless.[/b]
View Quote

Of course not. I was just pointing out that it's more a function of the method of sex (you can have anal sex with a girl too, y'know :D) than the sexuality of the person involved.

All's I'm saying is that if you're gay, the reason you're more likely to contract HIV is because you have anal sex (bearing in mind it's the only option open to them aside from abstinence I guess), not because you're gay. It's not a gay disease, you don't get it because you're gay; you're just more likely to get it because you have anal sex. And even then, as I said, the difference between the probability of contracting HIV through anal sex vs vaginal sex isn't large.

You're probably right about who's pushing this sort of stuff through, though. I doubt it's the 'powerful heterosexual AIDS infected lobby'. :D Put it this way, though; any organisation has every right to cater to the whims of whoever will buy its products or watch it's shows etc.. I doubt this is purely a political statement so if ratings start to slip, who do you think will be the sacrificial lamb?

Now there's a correlation for ya; ratings vs introduction of a new character. :D It COULD be that the new character has HIV or it COULD be that people just don't react well to change. :D
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
[b]Uhuh, it has nothing to do with the fact that they stick it in practically anything that will move, does it. Whatever the cause, it is more common in faggots, so the correlation, while not proving causation obviously, is not meaningless.[/b]
View Quote

Of course not. I was just pointing out that it's more a function of the method of sex (you can have anal sex with a girl too, y'know :D) than the sexuality of the person involved.
View Quote
I'll assume this is true. Now, who has more anal sex?

All's I'm saying is that if you're gay, the reason you're more likely to contract HIV is because you have anal sex (bearing in mind it's the only option open to them aside from abstinence I guess), not because you're gay. It's not a gay disease, you don't get it because you're gay; you're just more likely to get it because you have anal sex. And even then, as I said, the difference between the probability of contracting HIV through anal sex vs vaginal sex isn't large.
View Quote
To me, this is like saying "putting the gun to  your own head and pulling the trigger won't kill you, it's the bullet entering your skull that does it."

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#22]
In before the lock!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#23]
[b]To me, this is like saying "putting the gun to your own head and pulling the trigger won't kill you, it's the bullet entering your skull that does it."[/b]
View Quote

Well isn't that true? If you pull the trigger, there is a small chance (VERY VERY small) that the gun won't discharge and there is a small chance (even smaller) that the bullet WON'T kill you/ You need to the bullet for the gun to operate. The gun by itself won't kill you. Same thing as the "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" thing; the gun by itself won't do it.

Same with sex; if you have anal sex (gay or not) you're more likely to contract AIDS. The only reason you see a higher incident rate amongst gay men is because when they have sex with another man, they don't have an alternative (i.e. a vagina). The alternative affects the results.

Anyway, I don't want to detract from your topic so let's just stay on it, eh? :-) I'll try, anyway............:-D
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#24]
HOW TO STOP AIDS:

Every male agrees to not to fornicate, commit adultery, or bugger another man. That would wipe out 99% of the causes of HIV/AIDS. I'm leaving out lesbians and druggies, because MEN are mostly the problem.  We cant seem to keep our peckers in our pants, or keep it for our wife's.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
HOW TO STOP AIDS:

Every male agrees to not to fornicate, commit adultery, or bugger another man. That would wipe out 99% of the causes of HIV/AIDS. I'm leaving out lesbians and druggies, because MEN are mostly the problem.  We cant seem to keep our peckers in our pants, or keep it for our wife's.  
View Quote

Bingo.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#26]
[b]HOW TO STOP AIDS:

Every male agrees to not to fornicate, commit adultery, or bugger another man. That would wipe out 99% of the causes of HIV/AIDS. I'm leaving out lesbians and druggies, because MEN are mostly the problem. We cant seem to keep our peckers in our pants, or keep it for our wife's.[/b]
View Quote

Mate, I've met some pretty horny women in my time which put paid to THAT theory that men are the cause of sexual problems like AIDS!!

But yeah that would do it. Bit too much like attacking a slight beehive problem with hydrogen bomb, though! :-D
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
……….fornicate, commit adultery, or bugger another man.  
View Quote

Those are laymen’s terms; now allow me to speak in spiritual terms.  Those three things are [b]SIN[/b]. Sin is defined as breaking Gods laws.  
God promises that if we break his laws and commit sin, there would be [b]NATURAL[/b] consequences to our actions.  
Example: A natural consequence is the result of breaking a law like gravity (another one of his laws btw), step of a ledge and you fall possibly to your death.

There is a NATURAL ORDER to avoiding fornication, adultery and homosexuality.  God knows this (he created this natural order), and he tells us not to break the natural order…OTHERWISE FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!  

I don’t understand why people don’t get this, but when I read 2nd Thessalonians 2:10-12…..I am reminded.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
But yeah that would do it. Bit too much like attacking a slight beehive problem with hydrogen bomb, though! :-D
View Quote

It would do the trick. I bet all my future paychecks on it!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:But yeah that would do it. Bit too much like attacking a slight beehive problem with hydrogen bomb, though! :-D
View Quote

If you've got a better plan, let's hear it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#30]
[b]If you've got a better plan, let's hear it.[/b]
View Quote

Than abstinence?? Geez, death would be preferable............:-D

Seriously, there's no way you'll ever rid societies of a disease like AIDS so all you can do is just protect yourself and hope for the best I reckon. Make sure you don't just boink some random woman without using protection or even abstain if that's yer thing. Not mine, though. Having said that I usually have a small 'buffer' time before I sleep with a girlfriend. Usually a month and I make she gets tested, as do I at least once a year. I've ALWAYS used protection but I guess, being a scientist, I'm more paranoid than others. :-D plus, the tests I get look for other stuff too like syphilis etc.

But unless you actually kill everyone with AIDS before they next have sex or any blood/semen contact with someone, it ain't going to happen.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
[b]If you've got a better plan, let's hear it.[/b]
View Quote

Than abstinence?? Geez, death would be preferable............:-D
View Quote
he wasn't suggesting abstinence.

But unless you actually kill everyone with AIDS before they next have sex or any blood/semen contact with someone, it ain't going to happen.
View Quote
Hey, you do have a better plan!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:34:21 AM EDT
[#32]
AIDS in Africa is transmitted through consensual sex ,Heterosexual sex without condoms, and if you get aids they think a witch has cursed you. Most refuse to us condoms as it is seen as unmanly(I don't understand either)It is a big problem in Africa, and it seems to me that there just trying to fix it. Remember it's a third world country, and you would not belive it but people over there get eaten every day by animals, and crocs. I can't get excited over them trying to stop AIDS, And if a guy next to me on the firing line is shooting a pink S&W ,as long as he conducts himself like a gentleman and leaves me along who cares.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:48:45 AM EDT
[#33]
I can see The Count sitting by Jim Henson's grave right now...

[i]One revolution ah ah ah...
Two!  Two revolutions ah ah ah...
Three revolutions ah ah ah...
Four!  Four revolutions!  Ah ah ah...[/i]

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:07:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I can see The Count sitting by Jim Henson's grave right now...

[i]One revolution ah ah ah...
Two!  Two revolutions ah ah ah...
Three revolutions ah ah ah...
Four!  Four revolutions!  Ah ah ah...[/i]

the_reject
View Quote

LMAO - and I needed it this Frightful Friday morning...
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#35]
HIV used to be associated with gay relationships.  world-wide, it's more prevalent in heterosexual relationships because of the rampant prostitution.

SE asia HIV rates are skyrocketing because of this.  i imagine the same is likely true for African nations.  

i'd go out on a limb and say that europe and the u.s. are probably the only places that have a problem with HIV in the gay population.  but i have no stats or facts to back that up, that would just be my gut feeling knowing what i do about the cultures of the areas.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:01:55 AM EDT
[#36]
I would agree that monogamous relations would check the disease, but some of you are forgeting that shared needles are responsible for a large chunk of new AIDS cases (I think I remember about a third).

-legrue
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
i'd go out on a limb and say that europe and the u.s. are probably the only places that have a problem with HIV in the gay population.  but i have no stats or facts to back that up, that would just be my gut feeling knowing what i do about the cultures of the areas.
View Quote

I doubt that gays in 3rd world countries are acting any different than gays in Europe and the US.  It might be more accurate to say that Europe and the US probably do not have as large an HIV problem in the straight population, thus making the HIV problem among gays seem that much bigger.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Actually, you're wrong.  Dead wrong.

The main risk is not from "anal sex", it is from [i]RECEPTIVE[/i] anal sex.  In other words, anal sex when some guy infected with HIV (AIDS) spews a load of cum up your ass.

The strains of HIV (AIDS) that are most prevalent in the U.S. have been naturally-selected to be able to infect colon tissue better than other types.  That doesn't mean that they won't infect other cells, just that they're better at getting in when dumped up someone's ass.

If you're the one doing the screwing, you run a risk of getting it, but it's a MUCH lower risk than if you're the one being screwed.

Incidentally, a recent study found that oral sex doesn't appear to spread HIV (AIDS) at all.  It's off Yahoo by now, but I'll dig it up and include it here in a few.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
……….fornicate, commit adultery, or bugger another man.  
View Quote

Those are laymen’s terms; now allow me to speak in spiritual terms.  Those three things are [b]SIN[/b]. Sin is defined as breaking Gods laws. [i]blah, blah, blablah. . . .[/i]
View Quote

How did I just *know*, after reading your first little screed, that this one was going to cum -- sorry, come -- out soon?

Incidentally, spread of HIV (AIDS) through the sharing of drug needles is one of the major problems.  Stopping all "fornication" wouldn't stop AIDS.

Now go play with your imaginary friend while the adults try to solve the problem.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
HOW TO STOP AIDS:

Every male agrees to not to fornicate, commit adultery, or bugger another man. That would wipe out 99% of the causes of HIV/AIDS. . .
View Quote

This is the market "Sesame Street" is going after.  Eventually, in SA, the preschoolers will be able to teach their fathers a thing or two.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

unless you think AIDS is ONLY contracted by gay guys, in which case you'd be grossly misinformed.
View Quote

There's a corrilation.
View Quote

Maybe here, but in Africa it's spreading like wildfire through the hetero population because of bygamy and rampant [b]heterosexual[/b] misconduct.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Well I'll be damned.  (Probably.[:D])  I guess the article was more recent than I thought.

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=97&ncid=97&e=5&u=/hsn/20020628/hl_hsn/is_oral_sex_safer_sex_[/url]

[b]Is Oral Sex Safer Sex?[/b]

[i]Fri Jun 28, 7:03 PM ET
By Randy Dotinga
HealthScoutNews Reporter[/i]

FRIDAY, June 28 (HealthScoutNews) -- Has the risk of contracting AIDS through oral sex been overstated?

That's the conclusion of a new study in which Spanish researchers examined 135 heterosexual couples who had unprotected oral sex an estimated 19,000 times during a 10-year period.

In each couple, either the man or woman was HIV-positive. Yet not one uninfected person contracted the virus that causes AIDS, the researchers say.

"It's a much lower risk than perhaps people have been led to believe," says Kimberly Page Shafer, an assistant professor of medicine at the University of California at San Francisco's Center for AIDS Prevention Studies.

"I'm not going to say people can't get HIV from oral sex, but it's a low-risk activity," adds Page Shafer, who was not involved with the Spanish research.

Vaginal and anal intercourse are the main sexual ways to transmit the AIDS virus. For years, oral sex was relegated to a gray area as scientists debated its risks. Most people who engage in oral sex don't wear condoms or use other types of protection, Page Shafer says.

Determining the specific risk of oral sex "has been a huge challenge," she says. "People have a repertoire of sexual behaviors, and they don't limit themselves to only oral sex."

Last year, Page Shafer reported at a National HIV Prevention Conference that her study of 198 gay and bisexual men who said they'd only had oral sex found that none of them became infected with HIV, even though some engaged in the practice with HIV-positive partners.

In the Spanish study, researchers in Madrid followed several hundred couples that included one partner who was HIV-positive from 1990 to 2000. Then the researchers narrowed the number to 110 women and 25 men who engaged in unprotected oral sex but wore condoms during other types of intercourse.

The results of the study appear in a recent issue of the journal AIDS.

The researchers, counting both fellatio and cunnilingus, estimated that 19,000 oral sex acts had occurred, and men had ejaculated in 34 percent to 41 percent of the fellatio acts. However, no HIV-negative partners contracted the virus.

Page Shafer says saliva appears to create an environment that is unhealthy for the AIDS virus.

Michael Allerton, HIV operations policy leader with the Kaiser Permanente Medical Group in Oakland, Calif., says there have been only a small number of confirmed cases of HIV transmission through oral sex.

"But it all depends on a lot of things," he says. "There's a lot of variables about whether transmission is going to occur. For example, the AIDS virus may more easily transmit through oral sex to a person with gum disease.

"While evidence continues to mount that oral sex is at much lower risk than other activities, the word 'risk' is still there," he adds.

Allerton cautions that even if the risk of HIV transmission is low, oral sex isn't risk-free. "You still can get gonorrhea, syphilis and herpes," he says.

Federal health officials acknowledge the risk of HIV infection through oral sex is less than compared to vaginal or anal sex, but transmission of the virus is still possible.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

There's a corrilation.
View Quote

Maybe here, but in Africa it's spreading like wildfire through the hetero population because of bygamy and rampant [b]heterosexual[/b] misconduct.

View Quote

Also, there is a good chance that HIV+ mothers will pass the disease to their newborns.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No shit, being gay doesn't cause aids. HIV supposidly does. This fact doesn't make the gay-aids correlation completely meaningless. To see this, I propose you explore this question "why is aids more common among gays than it is among heteros in america?

No shit...get it? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! LMAO!!!!
[img]http://personalpages.tds.net/~eflanagin/moon.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

We're...  not... talking... about... AMERICA!  I guess you read in the article about where this character is being introduced on Sesame Street in South Africa, right?  We're talking about a place where AIDS education is depserately needed because people believe they can chop up people and eat certain body parts or stews that will cure them, or that having sex with a young girl will cure a man.  Unless you plan on flying over there and educating them yourself, and I know I'm not planning on doing it, then I can't see what problem you could have with an HIV+ muppet in South Africa.

While it does raise some questions about indoctrination of children and medias' responsibility and true purpose, I don't have a real problem with them doing it.  I have a problem that the South African people are so ignorant that it has to be done so these backwater idiots can figure out what's killing them.

Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#48]
"SNIFFLES" the Cocaine snorting bear
to be added to 2003 Sesame Street fall line up.
[img]http://www.mateinastate.com/bizarre/26/Flattycokedup.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Foot firmly in mouth.

I fired off this topic without readin more than the first few lines of the headline, and I didn't pay attention to the fact that it's going to be in south africa. That makes it a little different, since it seems like the problem over there isn't so much fags but stupid people. I guess it's not much of a problem then.
View Quote

AGTFM, ooops! After that homophobic epithet contained in your opening headline maybe you might consider reading things more carefully before reacting and showing your ignorance.

And I mean that in a good way, at least you realized your mistake. Now you should wonder why this bothers you so much.

South Africa has an AIDS problem and that's not good for the rest of the world. Whatever the reason this disease got started it doesn't matter now, it can spread. Education is the only real defense. The show will be in South Africa and you and your kids won't have to watch it.

Beside's even if your kids watched it the worst thing that could happen is that they probably end up wiser than you in later years. Fearing that TV will turn them into homosexuals is your problem.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#50]
I wouldn't mind if Africa went the way of Atlantis: To slip into the ocean never to be seen or heard from again, and be theorized and fictionalized by future historians as a place of unclean people that must have never truely existed...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top