Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2001 1:57:57 PM EDT
Wow! we had a great time.
A quick raspberry to those who didnt show. Bill@ARS, Mark@ARS, Phoenix, RJS, hagar...if I left anyone out. Well screw you too! j/k

(Some of these fellows were tied down by the "labial tentacles" and so I understand. When she has your balls in her pocket, it's tough to find the car keys and the tent, apparently.)

A huge Hoorah to those who did come out and have fun.

Barley Pop, Mr. Blonde and Mrs. Blonde and Jr. Blonde, Treetop, GarryOwen (of Cavalry Arms), and TopCrest, Mike from Bullhead City (who did a great job, super helpful 1000 "thank yous", Mike), Louis and Vanessa (Louis just got a job at ASA and is a real AR assembler now!), Panchop, John S and Mrs S (thanks for the great food), AZ Shooter, son, and his buddy Tom. Curt P and family.
Jack Devore and son from Gary Reeder Custom Guns. Some locals who are not board denizens. Jamie, Moe, Peanut, Daniel and his girl.

If I left anyone out, I'm sure I have, I'm sorry.

I started to set up on Thursday, Friday Mike and I nearly completed setup. Sat AM, Barley got up early and completed everything.

It was hotter than hell (for here) nearly 90 degrees, but the light wind kept things bearable. The wind picked up saturday night and pretty much dampened everything on Sunday. Bummer.

Nearly lost an eye saturday when I shot an incendiary .45 round at a pistol plate and the jacket blew back hard enough to knock out the left lens in my glasses. I was a bit disconcerted, but am OK.

No other injuries to report.

Only two "tracer assisted campfires", both started by ME. (yeah, I know) and my M1Garand loaded with FN69 Tracer.

A slew of cool stuff out there to shoot. I still cannot get my 1919 go work again after converting it to 308 (dammit), need a new 308 topcover, please email me.

Saturday night's venison chili got wiped out quickly. My lovely wife, Bratty outdid herself again, with Mrs. Blonde's help.

10 dollar donations were easy to collect. This modest amount allows us to go to the dump with all the shot up stuff and get rid of it.

It also helps us to obtain more car hoods, lawnmowers (I couldnt get the one I have to run, double damn!), gongs, rebar, empty drums, old appliances for our "technology board" (we gotta make a new one, this one was on it's third shoot and is DONE, like a Dinner), TVs and computer monitors that dont work anymore.

This time we thought ahead and placed a large sign at the top of the hill we shoot into.

"Danger/Peligro! Shooting event over next hill, DO NOT PROCEED!

Only one motocrosser showed up at night on saturday, just a bored local out tooling around in the middle of the night.

Thanks to everyone for all their selfless help in making P3 a success. I had a great time. If you were here, hopefully you did too.

D. www.azexarms.com

--------------------

"New" AZEX/stg rifles, 7 US parts, one mag included, 1050 parked, 1150 Parkote in satin black, gray, OD or Tan. Layaway available, all CCs accepted.
www.azexarms.com
AZ EXpertarms, "Quality...No Apologies."

Our stocking dealers:
AZ: Scottsdale Gun Center, Scottsdale AZ, (480) 874-1383

AZ: Machine Gun Kelly's, Phoenix AZ (602) 395-9093

UT: Elite Arms, gunshows all over utah, (801) 602-GUNS

NM: Guns, Gifts, and Gadgets, Alb, NM (505) 883-4342

Link Posted: 6/4/2001 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
It was way cool.  Lets do that more often. :)
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a great time!
Thanks again, Derek, and everyone else who was involved in the setup.
The food was great, the weather was nice, the people were even pleasant!
except for the dirt ring around my tub, I'm completely recovered and will be ready soon for another.

My only regret, other than not coming out sooner and not bringing more ammo, is that I left my camera at home. There were definitely some good photo oportunities that were overlooked.
[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top