Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 9:14:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I like that one. Although it seemed like when I got pinned with my sham sheild they did away with that policy!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Roger on the non-non-commissioned officer part. We used to call each other Command Private Majors.

When I got my shitbirds they wanted me to take charge of everything without putting me in charge of anything. It was kinda like being the middle child. I got assignments meant for NCO's (E-5/6) but never got official recognition for any of it. Respectfully declined the next 'opportunity' and got pushed to the end of the PLDC list. That's gratitude.

One nice thing about E-4 is you're high enough on the food chain that higher-ups figure you can take care of yourself but low enough that they don't hold you (officially) responsible for the kids.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:16:48 AM EDT
[#3]
That was good. In the Navy it's the E-5's who get it good. To senior to do the crap work, to junior to do anything important.

I was an E4 in the Navy and am now an E4 in the Army. So far being a SPC is kind of interesting. Either way it's fun.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The "E-4 Mafia" RUNS the Army.....ignore them at your peril
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
One nice thing about E-4 is you're high enough on the food chain that higher-ups figure you can take care of yourself but low enough that they don't hold you (officially) responsible for the kids.

True enough, but then they pin the twin stripes on you, and all of a sudden, you're transferred back
to the bottom of the foodchain, as it were. High enough that you can't claim low-rank ignorance, but
not enough rank to (usually) get any credit for what does go right!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:52:03 AM EDT
[#8]
A CPL is a weekend NCO as in if they need an NCO for duty on the weekend you're an NCO.  Durng the rest of the week you just a high speed SPC.  When I became E4(p) they offered me CPL I told them to shove it up there ass I wasn't gonna get shit on till I made E5 and just waited it out till the points dropped.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Spec4 CB reporting!

That is when I became the bradley gunner. I ran half the squad when the E6 was tied up.

those were happy times! We only had 3 cpls in our company. 80% Spec4 20% Pvt/PFC

everybody was king!  hahahaha
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top