Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 3:36:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/30/2004 3:36:36 PM EST by diabolical_chicken]
anyone seen this miniseries??

richard chamberlain does nothing for me, but i was bored saturday, so i watched the first two episodes
unfortunately, i didnt realize it was going to be continued on sunday, so i missed the last two episodes due to prior plans

now i dont want spoilers, but just your opinion of whether its worth going to the trouble to rent (keep in mind i dont have a vcr or dvd player right now and would have to figure out where and when to watch it) or whether i should just read the book and catch the end of the series some other time

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:07:34 PM EST
ok, not sure if this will help, it's been so long since I saw it.

I liked it, I would watch it again, but I don't think I would go out of my way to watch it....but you're already half way there...............ugh! Decisions decisions.

It does get sad toward the end.

Like I said, it's been a long time, but I remember wanting to reach in the tv and slap a few of the characters. Same thing happens whenever I watch Gone With the Wind, I just want to strangle that Miss Scarlet.

Sorry, doesn't seem like that's very helpful.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:23:44 PM EST
The book was better. Way better.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:50:51 AM EST
At the end Richard Chamberlain comes out of the closet, dumps the girl then sails off to Japan to become a Gay Samauri.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:19:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By CKMorley:
At the end Richard Chamberlain comes out of the closet, dumps the girl then sails off to Japan to become a Gay Samauri.

CKMorley

thanks for the spoiler, bub
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:39:53 PM EST
Top Top