Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/20/2006 8:09:01 PM EDT
<rant on>

the one where the wife and the real estate agent on the phone are trying to convince the husband to buy the house they've been looking at.  the husband is very nervous, tired looking and acts like he doesn't want to do it.  you can tell he's working his ass off to support his family and the last thing he needs is more debt, such as a mortgage on a house he can't afford (probably one of those interest-only or negative amorization pieces of financial witchcraft).  his wife tries to guilt trip him with "it's in a great school district, our kids will be going to school soon, think of the children".  the real estate agent chimes in helpfully with "you can do this" and other "supportive" comments.  finally, he gives into his wife's manipulation and agrees to buy the house.  my guess is that if this were a real couple, in a few years they'd be divorced and he'd still be paying the mortgage on the house which now only SHE lives in.

<rant off>
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
That is EXACTLY the reaction I had to it as well.

Bad Juju.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Almost every commercial, TV show, Movie, sitcom, nowadays consists of a smart, realistic woman manipulating and humiliating a stupid, childish man.

These are the products I boycott: the ones that try to sell to me by assuming I'm an idiot.

fixed
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw it too, and it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw this same commercial and I thought the exact same thing you did. Pisses me off too.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Almost every commercial nowadays consists of a smart, realistic woman manipulating and humiliating a stupid, childish man.

These are the products I boycott: the ones that try to sell to me by assuming I'm an idiot.

+1

And most Remax commercials leave a bad taste in my mouth for some reason.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea agreed...... unrealistic sentimental nonsence.  If all men were like that, they could fill in for the wife and have the babies too.

How about other silly ads:

Like the toy or board game that you buy for your 10 year old kid that some how will transfom your whole family to a group of retards sitting in front of the fireplace, squirming in delight, smiling , chucklng, and holding hands.

....or the all time favorite:  You buy a new $30,000 car just for the joy of tieing a big red ribbon around it, so you could park it in the driveway and surprise the wife on Christmas. I get enough of a suprise all through the year when the Exxon gas card charges arrive in the mail.....never mind another $840 monthly charge.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Almost every commercial nowadays consists of a smart, realistic woman manipulating and humiliating a stupid, childish man.

fuckin' A.
Ever seen kim du toits rant about this?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yea agreed...... unrealistic sentimental nonsence.  If all men were like that, they could fill in for the wife and have the babies too.

unfortunately, there are PLENTY of men like that.  the ad is most likely targeted towards the wives of men like that, to encourage them to do some arm-twisting to get the man to buy the house of their (her) dreams.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

the one where the wife and the real estate agent on the phone are trying to convince the husband to buy the house they've been looking at. ....

In times like these, it's very important to buy a house "big" enough to make her happy prior to marriage.....

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing but a "How to..." manual for manipulating weak men.

Poor neutered bastards.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I for one am tired of the covert man bashing going on.  A few nights ago my wife was watching "The Secret Lives of Women" on some bullshit cable channel.  They had this woman begging her husband for plastic surgery, then they'd cut to him explaining how they were a paycheck away from being homeless and couldn't afford another plastic surgery for her (she'd had several before).  Menawhile there is a little kid running around in the background.  She ends up telling him that she's getting it because "I really want it," and finally grinds the poor bastard down until he sells their home in order to fund her vanity.  At the end it shows them moving out of their beautiful country home and into some suburban shoebox sized shithole house.  It cuts to him moving shit into the house with a haggard expression on his face saying "This is her last surgery."  I was totally disgusted and ended up getting into an argument with my own wife over it.

I'd ask for a divorce before I'd mortgage my house for unecessary surgery for my wife.  The kicker is that the guy's wife was decent looking.

Anyone else see it?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:51:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine are the ADT security system commercials.
If there is even a man in the commercial, he is a cowering whimp hiding behind the woman as the alarm goes off.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:53:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
fuckin' A.
Ever seen kim du toits rant about this?

I was abou to say how much I miss reading his blog everyday but I googled him and see HES BACK! Whew-who!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:04:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Speaking of what you just said...has anyone seen the SEARS commericals where it's hot and the woman says (about buying air conditioning)

Woman (rude tone):"You said you would call SEARS today".
Man:  "I'll call tomorrow"
Woman:  "You'll call today"
Man (detached tone, really creepy): "I'll call now"

It was pretty creepy if you ask me, it's like a jedi mind trick that only manipulative women have.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:48:35 AM EDT
[#16]
There also the commercial where the women are looking at the new blinds contained within the window, and the husband in the backyard, a fool struggling with a barbeque, succeeds in blowing himself up, while the women confidently continue their conversation...typical mockery

If you can force yourself to watch most of the sitcoms on tv, it's the same story: an intelligent, strong-willed, confident wife, with a complete fool of a husband that needs lead around like a child by his wife.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:58:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Exactly what went through my mind.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:39:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

reason #23413456 why I don' t watch TV
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:01:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Dont worry, Ive got good news.
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:27:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
...Like the toy or board game that you buy for your 10 year old kid that some how will transfom your whole family to a group of retards sitting in front of the fireplace, squirming in delight, smiling , chucklng, and holding hands.

LMAO

I really have to laugh at the ADT/Brinks alarm commercials... It's like watching a bad movie where they can't act and have shit for a script along with the typical hollywood crap.

For once, just once, I would like to see a commercial advertising the Remington 870.
When the "burglar" kicks in the door with a crowbar/deadly weapon in hand, I would like to see him get blasted and then have Remington flash on the screen.
... Yeah sure, you see firearms advertised on the outdoor channels, but nothing aimed toward self defense/target shooting.... Come on, aside from the sheeple (which flock to TV as a golden God), there should be no reason not to put a commercial like that out there on general TV.

In all honesty, you see a thousand commercials a day advertising alcohol/liquor and cigarettes, along with plenty of anti-marijuana propaganda and anti-underage-tobacco commercials. Why no anti-alcohol commercials? Why no anti-meth?????
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:35:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Thats part of the 50/50 (and higher) split those agents are on paying off....
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:37:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Dont worry, Ive got good news.
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

I really did save a bunch of money by switching to Geico.

Liability only, on old car, at other company - $650yr.
Full coverage on new '06 model with Geico - $640yr.

Ain't that some shit? Honest to God truth, too.
I did'nt even have to stay at a Holiday Inn Express.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:39:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:46:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1 That commercial annoyed me. There is one on XM also where the woman keeps bitching "Tell them about the discount Harry!" (gets louder everytime) I hate those commercials. The problem with America is that kind of bullshit. Men need to be MEN and stand up and take charge. A good start would be to QUIT DRIVING MINIVANS!

I would have told the real estate bitch to shut-up. I also would have told my wife that we will decide LATER, When we we're not under pressure.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:56:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Dang!  I'm female, I seldom watch television, but crap like this is just plain WRONG.

It does NOT appeal to strong, confident, intelligent women.

It appeals to women who are shallow and pushy.

If some real estate broad tried to connive me against MY man, I would tell her that we will discuss this later.  Privately.  Because HE is the one with the degrees in accounting and business management, NOT me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:05:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 That commercial annoyed me. There is one on XM also where the woman keeps bitching "Tell them about the discount Harry!" (gets louder everytime) I hate those commercials.

I hate that commercial too.  At the end when he finally does mention the damn discount the woman goes "Good Harry" in the same voice you would speak to your dog.  I don't even know what product they are selling because the commercial annoys and pisses me off so much.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:05:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

+ 1,000,000

This is also my hot button.  Almost ALL advertisements now involve some kind of male bashing.

And you know what?  I bet most of you guys don't so much as lift the phone receiver to make a call about it.  I do.  That feminist male-bashing crap has got to stop, and we're the only ones that can do it.

CMOS
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:27:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Anybody remember the one where the car has a flat tire, it is pouring rain, and a shadow is in the car?  Another car pulls up behind it, and the wife gets out and changes the husband's tire while he stays in the car nice and dry.  You don't know it was the wife rescuing the husband until the end.  

I think it was a female deodorant advertisement or some such thing.

They couldn't pay me enough to act the husband role in that stupid commercial.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:33:26 AM EDT
[#29]
or the one where the mom and daughter buy a house, No dad type in sight. Just reinforcing the notion that kids and women don't need men. Tota BS
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:44:53 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speaking of what you just said...has anyone seen the SEARS commericals where it's hot and the woman says (about buying air conditioning)

Woman (rude tone):"You said you would call SEARS today".
Man:  "I'll call tomorrow"
Woman:  "You'll call today"
Man (detached tone, really creepy): "I'll call now"

It was pretty creepy if you ask me, it's like a jedi mind trick that only manipulative women have.  

Have you seen the Progressive Insurance one?  The guy is sitting down watching football and the wife comes up behind and asked if he called to get an insurance quote.  He says yes and then she's like "Did they give you the rates of competitors??" and then he looks down with a sad look and she shoves the phone back in his face to make him call again while he starts crying.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:48:22 AM EDT
[#31]
There is an ad in my wife good housekeeping magazine, you all think those are bad...This homo not only turned in his man card, but also is wearing a pink apron with polka dots.

Buying things you need to make muffins: $12.00 on Mastercard

Seeing your man in a pink apron: Priceless

..and some MAN actually agreed to pose for that picture.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Must be universal b/c I don't like it either. Me to the real estate agent. "Miss I'll call you back when my wife and I have made a decision. Click".
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:57:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Yeah...the only white men I see in commercials these days are blowing up their grills or being patted on the head and rescued from various situations by their long suffering wives.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:09:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Yup.  The alarm system commercials are a perfect example.  It's the demasculinization of the American male.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:22:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
For once, just once, I would like to see a commercial advertising the Remington 870.
When the "burglar" kicks in the door with a crowbar/deadly weapon in hand, I would like to see him get blasted and then have Remington flash on the screen.
... Yeah sure, you see firearms advertised on the outdoor channels, but nothing aimed toward self defense/target shooting.... Come on, aside from the sheeple (which flock to TV as a golden God), there should be no reason not to put a commercial like that out there on general TV.

best I could do:

Good commercial
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:35:00 AM EDT
[#36]
We call those the STUpid DADDY ads. STUpid daddy can't watch tv 'cause mommy got it blocked for his own good cable ad pisses me off.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:40:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Let's face it guys, the good old days of commercials featuring Jack Daniels or Marlboro cigarettes are over forever.  Today's focus is on the independent woman controlling the world in her newfound prowess.  

It's only going to get worse.

Today the new shows coming out feature the independent, successful woman and a homosexual guy.  That's the premise of them all, it seems.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Have you seen the Progressive Insurance one?  The guy is sitting down watching football and the wife comes up behind and asked if he called to get an insurance quote.  He says yes and then she's like "Did they give you the rates of competitors??" and then he looks down with a sad look and she shoves the
phone back in his face to make him call again while he starts crying.

That commercial makes me want to beat the TV everytime. It was on constantly during the football season.

<jingle> This is how life should be... </jingle>  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#39]
i also hate that ameritrade commercial where the dad invests in the jeans company just because his daughter asked him for $80 to buy a pair of jeans  "ooh, my daughter likes them, must mean that it's going to be the next big thing and the stock is going to go through the roof!  of course my daughter is so in touch with all the latest trends, i'll be the first to realize this and buy the stock before it's run up by everyone else!"
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Any of you guys heard that William Shatner song about advertising & marketing? Funny and True.

Conspericy theory here. I think it's the progressive lefts way to push their ideals on people and kids these days. Think about it. "progressive" insurance, lefty pro gay gun bashing anti religion  teachers in schools. Every comercial shows the husband as a tool. Every show or tv add shows a interacial relationship. The only time a white guy on tv has any value he's gay telling you how to dress. This will be the next generations NORM. I'm thinking that the best way to change the world is to influence the women.

Just wondering if I'm the only one that notice's this?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Any of you guys heard that William Shatner song about advertising & marketing? Funny and True.

Conspericy theory here. I think it's the progressive lefts way to push their ideals on people and kids these days. Think about it. "progressive" insurance, lefty pro gay gun bashing anti religion  teachers in schools. Every comercial shows the husband as a tool. Every show or tv add shows a interacial relationship. The only time a white guy on tv has any value he's gay telling you how to dress. This will be the next generations NORM. I'm thinking that the best way to change the world is to influence the women.

Just wondering if I'm the only one that notice's this?

You're not the only one.  But my kids are being raised to be proud to call themselves Christain White and not Gay.  Fuck the hype and what they want us to believe is the new standard.  We ARE the standard, and the leftist agenda can go jerk off a german shepherd with a rouge cat.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Anybody remember the one where the car has a flat tire, it is pouring rain, and a shadow is in the car?  Another car pulls up behind it, and the wife gets out and changes the husband's tire while he stays in the car nice and dry.  You don't know it was the wife rescuing the husband until the end.  

I think it was a female deodorant advertisement or some such thing.

They couldn't pay me enough to act the husband role in that stupid commercial.  

Sure they could...you just have to play a good husband....

"Honey..when your done changing the tire, would you fetch me a sammich? "
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Glad I'm not the only one. When we have kids they will be in private school atleast untill JR. high and will not be watching much TV unless it's the discovery channel or History channel.hem
And BTW I'm a RE/MAX agent. I agree with you all about the advertising.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:11:09 AM EDT
[#44]
The sad thing is that this is working its way into kids books.  Example: kid's book (for boys apparently)  about Dad being an idiot.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Another thing I have noticed is there will be some middle aged fat balding guy doing something stupid and his way too hot to be married to him wife is there to set him straight.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Solidarity, brothers.

Beat em at their own game - let em nibble at the small things, while we take our kids out and shoot Garands and AR's...  Survival of the species.  

Just like the DemoRats...  Give em enough rope and they'll hang themselves.  Even the ACLU is getting sick of being in the middle of it.  

Still, I'd like to make a commercial.  Bunch of guys shooting automatic weapons after a public hanging of a priest that raped a kid, then drinking some beers and beating the shit out of the UN members in session.  Next installment:  kicking the crap out of a vandal, and then going home to be faithful to our wives and raise our kids with morals.

The statement of the commercial could be, "We're here, just watching.  Vote from the rooftops when the polls don't work as our founding fathers intended them to."  

Pipe dream at best, but still a thought.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#47]
When the men started getting feminized in this country in the 60's, we started going down the toilet.  If you want to see the end result of a country being full of "sensitive men", look at Canada.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
When the men started getting feminized in this country in the 60's, we started going down the toilet.  If you want to see the end result of a country being full of "sensitive men", look at Canada.

Or France
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Sure seems like the blue croud have already turned into eurofags.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
If you want to see the end result of a country being full of "sensitive men", look at Canada.

Funny, yet tragic story:

One of my good friends here at work is a Canadian. A group of us took a long lunch to go shooting a couple of weeks ago as it was an awesome day. I took a few non-gun owners and they had a ball with my M4gery and my Sub2000. I was talking with my Canadian buddy (didn't come shooting with us) about the range and general gun questions he had. Suddenly, he walked back to his cube and put his head down on his desk: "I can't talk about this anymore...I'm having an anxiety attack just thinking about guns."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top