Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/26/2001 2:35:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:28:29 PM EDT
Which metal circle? Where are they on the stock. The only ones I know of are on Swedes and are quality ratings.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:32:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:52:46 PM EDT
Hunter: That was me in the chat room. Thanks for finding the answer to that question. Kharn
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:54:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:58:17 PM EDT
The same sort of thing is built into the left side of the receiver of an SMLE: a hole big enough to insert the uncovered firing pin, in order to snap it off and render the gun immediately unusable.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 10:42:50 PM EDT
I believe that they are used to take the striker assembly apart for cleaning. Few armies would EXPECT to have to scuttle their own equipment and built them likewise. Perhaps the French, but surely not the Germans. D.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:47:29 AM EDT
I thought that the holes were there to store the rifles during transporting them, via troops in the back of the truck on racks of some kind.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:47:19 AM EDT
Top Top