Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2001 7:26:02 PM EDT
so these neighbors moved in and brought with them, 2 cats.  they were annoying as hell and hung out in my garage, on the roof and wherever else they could hang out.  above all, they really freaked my dog out who barked and grunted late at night when she saw them.  well, the most annoying cat is no longer with us.  because the owners let them run around here (right next to a wash in AZ) it doesnt take long for our wild canine friends to snatch em up! so for all you guys that shoot coyotes, remember, you may need them to get rid of those damn cats that the women love so much!
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Yer friggin' welcome.

'bout goddamn time...
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
CATS,The white meat for the coyotes!
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#3]
i like cats. [peep]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Was going to work one morning and saw a local 'yote carrying somebody's Fluffy off to the desert. One down....[}:D]
coyote3
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
That is Mother Nature at work, basically.  But would you guys be laughing if it was your lab pup?  I doubt it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#6]
NOT A BIT! CAUSE DOGS RULE CATS ARE FOR GIRLS[;)]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
NOT A BIT! CAUSE DOGS RULE CATS ARE FOR GIRLS
View Quote
This could be true, but having a cat around can lull the visiting female into a false sense of "security" [;)]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:47:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JRB L1A1:
That is Mother Nature at work, basically.  But would you guys be laughing if it was your lab pup?  I doubt it.
View Quote

Wouldn't ever happen to me because I don't let my animals run loose. Anybody who leaves their cats roam deserves to have a Coyote snatch them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:50:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Poor Fluffy. (with the juicy hind legs)
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:07:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I have one friendly speyed female dog, and one mean old neutered tomcat on the farm. They tolerate each other, unless the cat gets too close to the dog while she's eating. The cat is worth his weight in gold, as far as I'm concerned - he's always dragging rats that he's killed up here to show me, so he's at least earning his keep. The dog goes with me on evening walks down on the creek bottoms - keeps me company & watches(hopefully) for the mountain lions that we're starting to see out here in western Kansas. I kinda like having them both around, and any coyote that shows himself in daylight around here is fair game.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Hurray for coyotes!

Hmmm not letting your cats run free is doing yourself an injustise. Let the little vermin do there job of killing small aminimals. If a yote grabs one then it's time to get another. Besides, it keeps cats on there toes. Thats the food chain baby.

I like cats. I have had two cats for nearly 10 years. Puttin there asses outside was the best thing I ever did. Course here, yotes are not a problem. Cars kill cats here. Antifreez and blunt trauma kill lotsa cats.

Yotes are good sport. Why not go after them in the dark?

Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Git em Wile E! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thats the food chain baby.
View Quote

Words to live by.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#14]
since we're on the subject of the food chain, it worked in reverse.  one lady told me that her little dog was snatched by a bob-cat.  she saw it hop over the fence with the dog in its mouth!  im a dog lover but shed no tears, that little dog never shut up.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#16]
shoe is on the other foot now eh guys? Cat hater = short dick

Hope the mountain lion eats all those phucking poodles
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Coyotes need to eat, might as well be cats.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, I like to put the blame on the coyotes too.

"Gee, I don't know what could have happened to your cat".
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#19]
We stock up on cats every spring when there are a lot of people trying to get rid of kittens. We would be over run with mice and rats if it weren't for them. The coyotes generally keep the population down pretty well so that come winter we don't have many left to worry about.
I do do my best to keep the coyotes away by shooting every one I see. Problem is, I don't see many.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#20]
i like my cat but i sure as hell wouldnt let her roamaround pissing people off shes a house cat. damn cat owners that let there cat roam around like it owns the neighbor hood same goes for dog owners that let there dog sh*t all over over peoples yard!
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hurray for coyotes!

Hmmm not letting your cats run free is doing yourself an injustise. Let the little vermin do there job of killing small aminimals. If a yote grabs one then it's time to get another. Besides, it keeps cats on there toes. Thats the food chain baby.

I like cats. I have had two cats for nearly 10 years. Puttin there asses outside was the best thing I ever did. Course here, yotes are not a problem. Cars kill cats here. Antifreez and blunt trauma kill lotsa cats.

View Quote

Problem with cats running loose, is that they don't eat only the little songbirds next door. They eat lots of bunnies and game birds. I don't mind cats, but wish not to see them running around the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Problem with cats running loose, is that they don't eat only the little songbirds next door. They eat lots of bunnies and game birds. I don't mind cats, but wish not to see them running around the neighborhood.
View Quote

That's why in some parts of this country, Hunting for Feral Cats is dare I say....The Cat's Meow?

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p846201642dd212f738ee450dedd7e7e0/fe36f042.gif[/img]
[url]www.PredatorMastersForums.com[/url]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey Pompey,

Maybe if you're really lucky the coyotes will eat your neighbors' kids AND their other cat.  Then they won't have any way to bother you at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top