Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2009 5:29:01 AM EDT
Another thread made me think of this.
The wife and I need a new bed. We went looking last week but are going to buy one this weekend..

We are looking at King Size Memory Foam beds. The one that we really like was a Bamboo. I think that was the name brand, maybe it was the model but it was written all over the mattress. It seemed very comfortable in the showroom and had a 10 year warranty. It was in our price range too.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of these or has any input on this subject??

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:10:21 AM EDT
[#1]
They are comfortable but make you feel hot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:19:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

meh.

Way better to sleep on... Just use less covers.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:22:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Who says they're 'bad' for sex too?

Some guys said that... ?... Am I not doing it right haha?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#4]
make sure they deliver it...you won't want to move it yourself esp upstairs
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:23:33 AM EDT
[#5]
had a king Tempurpedic size before the divorce.  It was wonderful.  Expensive, but it was amazing to sleep on.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:26:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Who says they're 'bad' for sex too?
Some guys said that... ?... Am I not doing it right haha?
I've heard its because the mattress doesnt rebound the same was as a traditional spring mattress.  Its different, but still fun.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#7]
They are warmer - I am cold nature so that is not a problem.  I think they can partially be defeated with a mattress pad.  No problem with bedroom aerobics.

My king sized temperpedic (standard) was painful to pay for, but worth it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:34:16 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.bragada.com/

Have had one of these for about 6 months after sleeping on a tempurpedic and loving it. Bragada seems to be just as good, and a lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:39:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

They are warmer - I am cold nature so that is not a problem.  I think they can partially be defeated with a mattress pad.  No problem with bedroom aerobics.

My king sized temperpedic (standard) was painful to pay for, but worth it.

You shouldn't use anything but a top sheet over the bed. Using a mattress pad to insulate you from the collected heat also prevents the memory foam from ... memorying.

Make sure to find a store that has them to try out in your area. Some of the ones that look really comfortable aren't, and vice-versa. I ended up with the Tempurpedic Celebrity.

Someone mentioned them being really heavy. This is the truth. In addition to getting someone to deliver it, make sure that the bed frame you get has enough room between the headboard and the matress to tuck the sheet into. Especially with the pillowtop on it, the sheets barely fit, and not being able to tuck them all the way down into the crack means that they come off the bed all the time. It is probably my only complaint about the mattress.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:36:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I love ours. There are great. I do not find them hot at all, and I am someone who is always hot. And doing the deed. They are GTG.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#11]
anyone have any info on that particular brand??

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got a tempurpedic that I have been using for over a year now.
It is super comfortable and I do not find that it is "hotter".
I do have the memory foam "pillow top" on top of the mattress so it is super thick making it kinda of a pain in the ass to buy sheets, extra deep pockets only.
Also, the sucker is super heavy and hard to move because there is nothing to grip onto and it is not rigid like a normal mattress.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#14]
We bought a 3 to 4" memory foam topper for our mattress and it made sleeping 100% better..  I love to just sink into the bed and when sleeping on my side my bottom arm doesnt go numb..

I would not hesitate to buy a foam mattress when we replace our current mattress - but then again we may just replace the topper..  Our neighbors highly recommended www.sleepez.com

brian
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a memory foam thingy for my bead. Its a standard spring mattress and I put the memory foam pad on top then the sheets. Its comfortable
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#16]
It retains body heat like a mother fucker.  I used to have one, it was comfortable, but I'd wake up drowning in my own sweat.  And that was with no blankets, in the middle of winter, in Alaska, with the heat set at 55.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife and I have a tempurpedic.  It is great.  It used to take my wife a long time to go to sleep.  Now, she is out like a light.  We both sleep much better now.  

I go to bed later than my wife.  Before getting the new mattress, it would wake my wife up when I got in bed.  With the new mattress, she sleeps through me moving around as I settle for the night.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I just got a new mattress.  I tried memory foam and yes, it is EXTREMELY comfortable, but it will retain heat.  Many females tend to get really warm at night.  My GF starts off with tons of blankets on her and wakes up with just the bottom sheet on as she heats up overnight and is near boiling in the morning.

My aunt told me the foam was too much for her, so they returned it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top