Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 7:45:42 PM EDT
just bought a new beretta 92fs, Italian bult, last saturday, now I'm thinking hard about getting a Glock 22 in .40S&W soon. I love the Beretta, I shoot damn good with it. The Glock ain't bad either.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I love mine. My only gripe is the mag release.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a Glock 17.  The end.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The G21sf is better, but I really hate to say it, but I love all of the full sized Glocks.  I would own a Glock over the Beretta in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#5]
In before the first stupid grenade joke.  Sell the 92F and use the money to buy the G22.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the answer is a 10mm glock. (or Witness)  Man up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't do it!

Get a Sig 229 instead
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
In before the first stupid grenade joke.  Sell the 92F and use the money to buy the G22.

NO, the Beretta just fits me really well, I like it a lot and I'm used to it, I damn near got Expert with M9 and plan on getting Expert next time I have to quality. PLus it is VERY similar to my Walther P1
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO, the Beretta just fits me really well, I like it a lot and I'm used to it, I damn near got Expert with M9 and plan on getting Expert next time I have to quality. PLus it is VERY similar to my Walther P1

I hope you're not talking about Army qualifications, because their M9 quals are some of the easiest shit I've seen since LEO Inservice.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#10]
no, USAF, last time I missed expert by 3, all center mass. I had enough in the head and on paper, just minus three on center mass
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#12]
First, I own the Glock 17, 22, and 21.

Look at the dimensions of the glock 17 and 22.  Notice how the external dimensions are very similar.  Now, ask yourself what is different on the inside if one shoots a .355" bullet and other a .40" bullet.  Internals got thinner going from the 17 to the 22.

I carry the Glock 22 on duty because I have to.  My shot recovery time on both 9mm and 45 is much faster.  Also, the recoil on both the 9mm and 45 is much friendler in my humble opinion.

Also, my frame, barrel, slide, rails will not be failing after a bunch of rounds with 9mm or 45.  I cannot say the same necessarily for the glock 22.

Unless you have 1,000,000 rounds of .40 S&W stockpiled to shoot, I would URGE you to either go with the classic glock 17 or the glock 21.  Your handsize may prevent you from comfortably shooting and operating the controls on the Glock 21.

Certainly shoot before you buy in either case.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope you're not talking about Army qualifications, because their M9 quals are some of the easiest shit I've seen since LEO Inservice.

My brother goated me into doing the exact test he was put through as an USAF SP, it was a fucking joke(used my CZ-75 I reccomend it highly).  I also outshot him with ease he did not like that, he's an arrogant liberal duechebag who thinks you are sub-human if you did not serve.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I like my G22 it saw me through many years of IPSC limited with no problems
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They're big and heavy, and top heavy to boot.  The bottom half is plastic.

Fill the plastic bottom half with rounds and the problem is solved.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Why would you sell a superior product for an inferior product? That makes no sense.

Also, don't forget to pay your tax stamp since explosives qualify as a DD.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's something that's always annoyed me, too.  People that bitch about the weight distribution seem to have only held them while empty (like at a gun store).

They feel evenly distributed when loaded, as opposed to other guns that are bottom-heavy when loaded, which could be good if you like to pistol-whip people, I suppose.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I agree, but you did forget UGLY!!

IMO, run from a Glock, run fast and run hard!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would you sell a superior product for an inferior product? That makes no sense.

Also, don't forget to pay your tax stamp since explosives qualify as a DD.

That must be why the two FFLs I deal with on occasion tell me sell Glocks almost exclusively to service members sprinkled with the occasional HK or Sig.  I am far from shocked that when service members spend thier own money they don't buy the 92F.

How many people on this board bought the Berretta for no other reason than it was/is the service pistol?  I've shot the 92F on two occasions, bought a CZ-75 and G19.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Get the Glock 17. It is the original and still the best Glock. The 9mm Glocks are also much less prone to issues than the .40's.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1. I always get a kick out of people referring to their qualifying expert (rifle and pistol, especially pistol) in the Army as some sort of serious merit.

I love on the Army pistol ranges when you have some officers or agents who are bragging about their targets and qualifying expert (if they manage to do that). When given the chance, I show them what a group should look like. If I could bring my CZs out on the range, I'd show them a magic show.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Get the 23
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#23]
KABOOM!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's something that's always annoyed me, too.  People that bitch about the weight distribution seem to have only held them while empty (like at a gun store).

They feel evenly distributed when loaded, as opposed to other guns that are bottom-heavy when loaded, which could be good if you like to pistol-whip people, I suppose.

Ya might notice it at the range, but if TSHTF you probably wouldn't pause mid-fire fight and think "Gee, this sure is top heavy"
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct.  Because at no time will you ever have just one or two rounds remaining in the weapon.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#26]
get it
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Get the Glock 17. It is the original and still the best Glock. The 9mm Glocks are also much less prone to issues than the .40's.

This is probably good advice^^ if your life is just not complete w/out a Glock. Not to mention it keeps your ammo the same, and 9mm is usually a little cheaper for range fun.

Then again, if adding a little variety to your ammo stash is your thing, wrap your ass scratcher around a good 1911 & you'll probably leave both the 9s at home anyway.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is probably good advice^^ if your life is just not complete w/out a Glock. Not to mention it keeps your ammo the same, and 9mm is usually a little cheaper for range fun.

Then again, if adding a little variety to your ammo stash is your thing, wrap your ass scratcher around a good 1911 & you'll probably leave both the 9s at home anyway.

no my is jsut fine w/o a glock, planning on a 1911 soon, I want the Glock because I want a 40S&W at some point and the Glocks do get a lot of praise, plus a lot of hate too.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no my is jsut fine w/o a glock, planning on a 1911 soon, I want the Glock because I want a 40S&W at some point and the Glocks do get a lot of praise, plus a lot of hate too.
Check out Smith and Wesson's M&P .40 before you get a Glock.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check out Smith and Wesson's M&P .40 before you get a Glock.

I fired one of the M&P .40s last month, and I have to say I was very impressed.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#31]
If you have a chance shoot the Glock 22 and XD40 and compare the two.  I have a feeling you will like the XD40.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I will not!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Do not get it, thats leaves more for me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Ka-Boom!!

Did that work?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Get a Glock 17.  The end.

+1
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#36]
The Local PD issues them, they can't be that bad. That being said, I wouldn't buy one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top