Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 5:21:28 PM EDT
abcnews.go.com/WNT/Science/story?id=1636403&page=1&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

if they're no longer an endangered species, i guess it's okay to shoot them if they're causing such bad problems.... it seems seems somehow wrong to me though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
It's just an animal, like any other.

Canada was built on the beaver pelt (our national animal) and we hunt Canada geese every fall.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Huh?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?

We have them all over here. They even fly around the approaches to Boise's runways 28 and 10. Now the Great Blue Heron is a bird that I would personally drop the hammer on (the hammer of dead).
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?

Whats wrong with what he said?

If they are that much of a problem, I would be happy to volunteer my time to sit out there with a .22-250 and help curb the population.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#6]
They should beat the people that feed them, but I feel shooting an eagle is wrong.  But I can also understand the frustration of people who have resorted to shooting them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?

No disrespect meant, but if it's a nuisance, it needs to be dealt with. We burn flags when they have gone beyond their useful life.

Australia kills thousands of kangaroos.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?

No disrespect meant, but if it's a nuisance, it needs to be dealt with. We burn flags when they have gone beyond their useful life.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Just something about the thought of wacking a bald eagle makes me cringe.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Just something about the thought of wacking a bald eagle makes me cringe.

I'm with you.  I don't think I could shoot one, I was 30 years old before I ever saw one in the wild.  Now monkey's on the other hand........
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#10]
People think that Eagles just eat Trout, or small animals, and then spend the rest of their time flying around looking beautiful.  

Eagles eat Antelope, Sheep, Mountain Sheep, and Calves.  I don't have a link, but read Elmer Keith's, Hell I was There!, or talk to an old Wyoming rancher I know.  

They are pretty, and I don't think they should be decimated, but I have no problem whatsoever with shooting them.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#11]
We've got a nesting pair or two not 5 miles from my house.

Very close to Langley AFB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top