Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 7:28:15 PM EDT
especially the dealers.

get used to the feees otherwise youd be outta buisness hoping someones just gonna come with cash

we shouldnt have to pay your fees, your a buisness pay em yourself

and especially the cheap asses who wanna charge you to use their service.

you wanna be a buisness paypal then you pay the 3% you signed the agreement with paypal not us

glad ebay wont let ya jack your prices 3% to make us pay your fees
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Paypal = owned by E-bay = anti-gun liberals.

Should avoid patronage with them at all costs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
ALL my adds say PayPal for FREE-Check/M.O. +4%, cuz I don't ever go to the bank, and with gas prices the way they are. lol
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Technically, it is the seller who has to pay the charge as per PayPAl rules. You sell me an item, i paypal you, YOU are responsible for the 3%.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
a business pays for its internet connection, phone line, etc, why shouldn't it pay for its money services?  they have "overhead" and they can spread it out a little and not harass the consumer directly
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#5]
People who sell things every once and a while shoulden't have to pay fee's cause someone wants to use Pyapal to pay you.  I'm not a business and I shoulden't have to pay fee's just to sell something.

Almost the same thing as the city demand you give 3% of your yard sale to them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#6]
But, only a complete jackass is going to say +4% so I can keep the lights on, to read your check. Save up the 3%'s and take a math class. Sell stuff for what you want for it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
yeap they dont need to charge us for their fees.

I wont ever buy from a a company that makes you pay their fees

its not like they dont allready jack their prices up

notice alot of the dealers here make you pay their fees
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
a business pays for its internet connection, phone line, etc, why shouldn't it pay for its money services?  they have "overhead" and they can spread it out a little and not harass the consumer directly

For the same reason they pay to accept credit cards.  PayPal's fees are not much different from any business that accepts MC and Visa.  Businesses should expect to pay those fees themselves and work them into the POSTED prices of the items they sell.  Individuals who are selling something they no longer use, shouldn't.  For the buyer who purchases something from an individual, the ability to use PayPal and a CC, is a big convenience - and one he should pay for.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Paypal charges ~3% for credit cards...

When I sell on e-bay, I charge 3% for credit card Pay Pal, no fee for electronic payment, and do not accept personal checks.

There is no paypal fee if you pay by electronic funds transfer, only credit card.

AND, if they seller puts the PP fee in their description, you have nothing to whine about, it's part of the terms of sale.

It would just get tossed into S&H allong with the e-bay auction fees & other such things anyway...
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#10]
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#11]
and you post it in the auction title that seller pays the 3% fee if they catch it they will close your auction down for violation of ebays policy
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Its annoying yes, but I factor it into cost when Im looking at something.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Try this  PayPal Sucks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top