Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2002 2:38:20 PM EDT
I come out of my house this morning to check the mail and I see glass next to my truck. as I get closer I notice my rear window is smashed out. I look inside and see my dash torn apart and my cd player gone. I instantly open up the truck to look for my beretta and of course it is gone. I called the cops and insurance. Cops filled out a report and I gave them the serial #. Insurance wont really cover anything because it is all worth less than the deductible. Got I'm so pissed right now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]

My sincere sympathies to ya. As someone who recently went thru the same thing ( house broken into, Glock 36 gone) I know how you feel.
 Fortunately the local LEOs caught the bastard and have given him a new home at the county lock-up, none of the stolen goods recovered though. Still pisses me off and it was 3 months ago.
 Good luck.

S-I
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure they come out and take a thorough report. My brother had a similar thing happen and the police would not even come out, just took a report over the phone. Never found the guy, go figure... Demand they come out and look over the evidence. Hope they find the guy...
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#4]
They came out already came out and took a report. It appears 7 cars got borken into on my street alone. The bright side of this is I get to buy a new gun and holster so I can take my ccw class next month. I am gona get either  a glock 26 or 27. nost sure which caliber I want to get.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hear the bad news. Dirtbags SUCK!

But... why, WHY, [b]WHY[/b] did you leave your gun in the truck overnight!?! [;D]

Exactly WHO is it protecting there???[V]

I REEEEEEEEALLY hope you learned something here.

Edited to add:

[stick] Bad [b]rasanders22[/b]... BAD!

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, even if your auto ins. doesn't help, do you have a renters/homeowners policy?  Beekeeper1 may be able to guide you, if you do, about when houshold goods stolen from somewhere else are covered.

Are you an NRA member? If so, I think they automatically give you a little coverage.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OK, even if your auto ins. doesn't help, do you have a renters/homeowners policy?  Beekeeper1 may be able to guide you, if you do, about when houshold goods stolen from somewhere else are covered.

Are you an NRA member? If so, I think they automatically give you a little coverage.
View Quote

I seem to remember that the NRA has some level of coverage for members on guns.....

Scott

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#8]
My best friends house got broken into about a year ago. The cops wouldn't come out and make a report, he dint have any serial #s. nor did they care what kind of firearms they were. But they dint mind beating on his door at midnight one night to ask were some guy lived. The same guy that has pretty much robbed every other person in the neighborhood. Yeah this guy got caught with a bunch of stolen stuff a couple of months ago and they made him return it. That's it no jail time no punishment of any kind that anyone can tell, he's still walking the neighborhood. I was a LEO a few years ago, and Ill be the first to say this aint worth a shit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#9]
rasanders22, I'm guessing you're in the south end of the valley, Chandler area?

Edited to clarify whom I was asking.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#10]
As a guy who has been the victim of a lot of crime this year I feel for ya.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#11]
SORRY to hear about getting ripped off..I bought a Nazi PPK,this guy even made me promice to sell it back to him,when he had the cash,(ya right),anyway,I come home from work,the SOB stole my Pistol,Fathers wedding band,and my Sony TV,with my bed sheet over it..My IDIOT NEIGHBORS watched this dude walk out with my stuff..don't get it??  ON THE GLOCK,I HAVE A 27,YOU CAN INTERCHANGE BARRELS W/357SIG(33),AND USE THE SAME MAGS..I put a 3 1/2lb take up spring,with a 5lb trigger bar,that way,you have a 2stage trigger,and know exactly when it's going off..try it,you'll like it..Plus the 40SW,or 357SIG has alot more guts than the 9mm,and with a the addition of a PEARCE finger grip,you get 10+1..same as the 26 but alot more powerful.. JUST MY 02...
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#12]
NEVER store your firearms in your truck! Thieves know that there is a higher percentage of guns in trucks than in cars. Left my truck at the dealer overnight for work, thieves broke into every customer-owned truck on the lot but left all the cars alone. Police said they were looking for guns because they did not take expensive stereos or other valuables.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Is there some kind of lockbox maybe you put under the seat if you do want to store a gun in the car?  I'm specifically thinking if I go to the post office or a bar and I have to leave the gun in the car.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Your sig line:

"Politicians, keep banning guns. Millions of criminals are counting on you to make their job easier."

Ironic, isn't it, that you've directly contributed to the problem.   [xx(]

Secure your weapon!  
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh sonofabitch. Shitbag found your piece. I'd be pissed to. Sorry  
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Yes I know I shouldn't have stored it in the truck over night. hind sight is always 20/20 right? Well I live in Queen Creek and its one hell of a long drive out to here. I didn'[t think anyone would wana make the journey all the way out here just to ripe off one car. Well I was right. They drove all the way to ripe off like 7-8 cars.

I have serial numbers for everything stolen except the CD's but thats not a big deal. Hopefully they catch the guy or guys and find my gun. I made sure the cop wrote everything down too. Damm this was in about a few more months going to be a gated community. A little too late I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top