Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/1/2006 9:22:10 PM EDT
So this older gentleman was in the store today shopping for a larger TV. I work in electronics, partially on commission, and we mostly get commission from those dammed protection agreements. Anyways, its a job, so I try to fairly sell them when I can.
Anyways, I tell this gentleman about what our in-home service covers, and this guy tells me he wants none of it, because he had a service plan with us before, on a dishwasher, and "the technician set his house on fire". Now the first thing that goes through my head is "did they shoot his dog while they were there?". Not sure what the customers deal was, but I took that as a sign to not mention in-home service anymore.
People come up with all sorts of excuses as to why they dont want service, but this is one of the best!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:28:42 PM EDT
That's OK I work at a food place in the local mall. People come up all the time:
"What is the problem sir/mam?"
"My popcorn is stale."
"But you ate 3/4 of the box."
"So, it's stale."
"Have a nice day."

And then the conversation slowly spirals downward from there.

Did you know you are considered racist if you don't refund a minorities money for a 3/4 eaten box of popcorn
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:30:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LArifleMAN:
That's OK I work at a food place in the local mall. People come up all the time:
"What is the problem sir/mam?"
"My popcorn is stale."
"But you ate 3/4 of the box."
"So, it's stale."
"Have a nice day."

And then the conversation slowly spirals downward from there.

Did you know you are considered racist if you don't refund a minorities money for a 3/4 eaten box of popcorn

they are racist for thinking that white folks will just hand out money!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:32:11 PM EDT
I just say no, unless it is something that is known to go bad,like PS2s
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:43:15 PM EDT
As a former Division 9 salesman, I can sympathize.

My favorite Sears story is about old lady who wants to return her window air conditioner, because "it doesn't cool the whole room very well". After a few questions, it becomes apparent that she took her brand-new air conditioner out of the box, set it on her kitchen table, plugged it in, and let it run for a few hours. Eventually, some parts of the room became fairly cool, but other parts were noticeably warmer...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:44:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HarrySacz:
I just say no, unless it is something that is known to go bad,like PS2s

i wont start spouting off company propaganda, but give the salesperson a chance to talk. sometimes it can be a decent deal.
we dont sell them on PS2s/Xboxs/gameCubes however. these companies offer their own protection plans
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:48:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Skibane:
As a former Division 9 salesman, I can sympathize.

My favorite Sears story is about old lady who wants to return her window air conditioner, because "it doesn't cool the whole room very well". After a few questions, it becomes apparent that she took her brand-new air conditioner out of the box, set it on her kitchen table, plugged it in, and let it run for a few hours. Eventually, some parts of the room became fairly cool, but other parts were noticeably warmer...

not just warm, but probably a little wet!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:50:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LArifleMAN:

One of my colleagues was racist for giving a black guy the B he earned instead of the A he wanted.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:52:59 PM EDT
Along these lines, it always annoyed the shit out of me when the salesmen would try to hard-sell a tape rewinder to go with a VCR. Hey, shithead, I'm pretty sure the engineers who designed the thing made it so it could rewind a tape as many times as it could play one.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:07:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheSneak:
Along these lines, it always annoyed the shit out of me when the salesmen would try to hard-sell a tape rewinder to go with a VCR. Hey, shithead, I'm pretty sure the engineers who designed the thing made it so it could rewind a tape as many times as it could play one.

luckily, they dont really sell tape rewinders in stores anymore, and for that matter, we only sell one stand-alone VCR anymore!
Top Top