Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/17/2009 6:36:33 AM EST
I have some suntrust bank stock (yeah, they took a hell of a beating). I've had them forever, and during a move, forgot to update the address. Well, the shares sat long enough to be escheated (turned over) to the state of Georgia due to a non-current address. Now I am attempting to get them back from the State and/or Computershare (the administrator for Suntrust stock). The problem is, Georgia says they never received them and Computershare says that they sent them and no longer control them . Both sides are pointing the finger at each other and neither can find the shares that seem to have vanished into thin air.

Computershare has furnished a letter showing the date and account numbers for the escheatment. Georgia claims to have nothing. What are my recourses to get what is mine back? Would I have to sue the state if they can't find it? Should I contact the SEC and inform them of the mismanagement/file a complaint? And, yes I know it is my fault for not updating the address in the first place, but it would sure be nice if people did their jobs right too.
Top Top