Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 10:04:13 AM EDT
My boots so far have been the belleville 700 and welco jungle boots. Of course on these boots you can only shine the heel and toe.

On the standard Army issue boots Do people generally just shine the toe and the heel or are you suppose to do the whole thing.

Oh yeah and the idea about melting the polish and working it in, then melting it on the boot with a torch is working really well. They are already as shiney as my bellevilles (although those were for the field w/ just a brush shine)

thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I`m not in the military but i wear combat boots often, and i usually just polishs the intire boot and am done with it. Sometimes i will polish the boot then dab the rag in some water and go over the heel and toe a bit with that and it makes them stand out more shiney than the rest.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My boots so far have been the belleville 700 and welco jungle boots. Of course on these boots you can only shine the heel and toe.

On the standard Army issue boots Do people generally just shine the toe and the heel or are you suppose to do the whole thing.

Oh yeah and the idea about melting the polish and working it in, then melting it on the boot with a torch is working really well. They are already as shiney as my bellevilles (although those were for the field w/ just a brush shine)

thanks for any help.

Didn't your D.I. or drill sarge in the army show you how? If not when you get to boot camp you will learn and no cheating
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks for any help.

Didn't your D.I. or drill sarge in the army show you how? If not when you get to boot camp you will learn and no cheating

Actually, in Basic they are only requiring a brush finish on the Belleville boots, you are not supposed to shine them heavily.    That and your Drill might not really know what he is talking about, but you did not hear that from me. . . .

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#4]
We used heat guns in AIT to get a Godalmighty shine. Kinda works like the torch on the boot, but more controllable. Polish on heavy, then a heat gun to melt it. At this point, some guys would dunk the boot in ice water. At any rate, after the polish cools and hardens, spit shine away. You can get the whole boot shiny like this, but the polish will crack as soon as you put the boot on. To minimize this, try to keep the polish as thin as possible.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok what the hell is going on in the military nowadays?

Your drill may not know?

The D.I. is God reincarnated into a man as far as I knew.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Slackers only polish the heel and toe!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#7]
for daily wear in garrison, i just  did a high buff brush shine.
in the field, i was lucky to have any polish on my boots at all, at best a good mud brushing.
For inspections/ceremonies, spit shine the heels and toes and you will be fine.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I was issued the belleville 700 at Ft benning, it really only has a heel and toe. After those I went to jungle boots Never owned a pair of real army boots.

Plus people were chewed out for putting too much kiwi on their boots, they said the boots were only suppose to have a light brush shine because they were meant to breath???

I don't know probably just a excuse for another smoke session.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#9]
You shouldn't spit shine Bellevilles or anything in G-Tex in them.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ok what the hell is going on in the military nowadays?

Your drill may not know?

The D.I. is God reincarnated into a man as far as I knew.

By the way, when I go on base at  MCRD San Diego, the marines dont even shine their boots!!!!!

They went to those cloth type that you don't shine!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Just... why, exactly, are you supposed to shine your boots? Is it a psyops weapon, toss it into a room, blind the enemies with the glare and stun them with the smell?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#12]
The MCCUU rough out boot, is leather just like the Bellevilles (a large portion are made by Belleville), they just are rough on the outside.  Getting rid of the need to polish them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Just... why, exactly, are you supposed to shine your boots? Is it a psyops weapon, toss it into a room, blind the enemies with the glare and stun them with the smell?

Discipline!!!

p.s. You never shine panamas or equivalent.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That falls into, its just the way we always did it.  Allot of parade ground BS goes on during peace time, thankfully during wars much of it is forgotten.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It looks really good, and a set of spit shinned ripple toe, green, jungle boots really gets the girls wet!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#16]
shine the whole boot. thank god in a year or 3 when we go to the new uniforms we'll have rough boots like the marines.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey good job on getting the shine! Shine the whole boot! You may get ribbed a little from the 10% but what go they know. Take care. Coondog
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Now a days your not allowed to spitshine boots in basic or ait. It was put out by the TRADOC General not to. One of the main reasons I heard was because the new issue boots are gortex and it'll mess up the water proofing, atleast thats what I've heard.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#19]
WTF no spit shine at all
Do you still polish your belt buckles?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It looks really good, and a set of spit shinned ripple toe, green, jungle boots really gets the girls wet!

YEP! they will be dripping and begging for it!  LOL does anyone have any experience of getting some loving for being in the service. In some places the military isn't like that much Cough Cough liberal CA!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#22]
brush shine entire boot, spit shine toe and heel, (spit shine anywhere else will crack)
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I saw a can of boot polish once... at the exchange, it was in the REMF section - next to ladies lingerie
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top