Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 10:01:16 AM EDT

"President Bush's former health secretary Tommy Thompson is putting the final touches to a plan that could result in US citizens having a radio frequency identification (RFID) chip inserted under their skin, The Business has learned.

The RFID capsules would be linked to a computerised database being created by the US Department of Health to store and manage the nation's health records. It could be the precursor to a similar scheme in the UK. "

---->
www.rednova.com/news/health/196561/health_chips_could_help_patients_in_us/

also see /. discussion here:
yro.slashdot.org/yro/05/08/06/1452259.shtml?tid=103&tid=158

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Ah no thats okay...........
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep.  Someone already posted about it this morning.  I think it's stupid, but I also don't see how they'd "force" this upon us.  Seems that it'd be voluntary at BEST.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yep.  Someone already posted about it this morning.  I think it's stupid, but I also don't see how they'd "force" this upon us.  Seems that it'd be voluntary at BEST.

grrrr, i even looked around for a bit so i could avoid joining the DUPE CLUB...

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#4]
my ass.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I posted about RFID many moons ago.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
my ass.

No, that's where the battery pack goes.

The chip goes in the shoulder.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#7]
They'll try to sell it with an RFID-only express lane at the airport.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#8]
How many mils of foil does it take to shield from the black helos
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Two words.

HELL NO.

Thank you, that is all.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They'll try to sell it with an RFID-only express lane at the airport.

If that was available, I'd get it today
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#11]
your dna is already registered. and they are working on dna/sniffer id machines to be placed everywhere starting with airports, train depots, bus stations, police stations then moving into malls city street corners, public buildings and places, then portable units to be placed in police cars and finally air-mobile units to track people all the time, craddle to grave..

the rfid stuff is just a smoke screen to divert people's attention while the work on the real stuff.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Nor would you ever be able to get an MRI again.

Nope.  This ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
your dna is already registered. and they are working on dna/sniffer id machines to be placed everywhere starting with airports, train depots, bus stations, police stations then moving into malls city street corners, public buildings and places, then portable units to be placed in police cars and finally air-mobile units to track people all the time, craddle to grave..

the rfid stuff is just a smoke screen to divert people's attention while the work on the real stuff.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
your dna is already registered

Sure it is.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:05:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

dna sniffer?

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll take mine! but they will have to implant it into my cold dead ass!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'll take mine! but they will have to implant it into my cold dead ass!

+1

The government will never plant a chip in me while I'm alive. I don't care what they say it's for.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
my ass.

Sgat1r5

No, it will go in your right hand or forhead.

Man that is too creepy to contemplate.

96Ag
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
my ass.

Sgat1r5

No, it will go in your right hand or forhead.

And you won't be able to buy or sell without it.

They'll say its to protect against identity theft and fraud.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Damn! And I'm all out of aluminum foil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top