Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/1/2003 3:21:06 PM EDT
i just bought a new ford ranger "edge" series pickup truck and was thinking to get a bedliner sprayed in instead of the plastic drop in type. any experience good/bad , or is any one supposed to be better than the others ? thanx .
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:32:25 PM EDT
I have Bullhide in my truck and it is some tough stuff. I chose it over Rhinoliner and LineX ( the other local choices) because they are harder and stuff slides around on the coating. I can set a cooler in the bed of my truck and it doesn't move, try that with a plastic bed liner! The fact that the Bullhide wasn't hard and kind of soft like a firm rubber product is why I chose it. Call a few shops and ask some questions, Ask how much product they spray on your model of truck, I have a Chevy 1/2 ton and they put it on 1/4 thick on the sides of the bed and on the floor and wheel wells they sprayed it even thicker. I was told that they use almost 8 gallons of the product. One thing I wish I would have done is weld a few more tie down loops to the bed, Larger ones than stock would hve been nice. The Bullhide on loops made them small.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:34:26 PM EDT
When I bought my last PU, it already had a spray liner in it. (I bought it used) I really liked it. It was strong and even in the winter when my cement blocks came loose and was banging around it didn't hurt it. I would strongly recommend it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:35:40 PM EDT
get a member to do a search for you, there was a thread on this a few weeks ago that had a bunch of info.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:36:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2003 3:37:35 PM EDT by cyanide]
spray on beats drop in hands down, I had a drop in, removed it a year later and almost shit myself the liner had rubbed all the paint off, and it was all shiny metal underneath, had it sprayed that day. Had Rhino, if you do it [b]you need to tell them to do it thick, or they will go cheap on you[/b]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:42:06 PM EDT
Each have their goods and bads. The drop ins are slippery, things can move around very easily. Put something in the back, and it ends up in the front. Water can collect underneath, and a good install will usually include some kind of undercoat. Drop ins protect the bed from dings and scratches. Spray ins, Rhino Liner etc. tend to be "grippy" things stay in their place. They can be scratched off, and don't protect the bed from physical damage. Water won't collect underneath and protect the bed from rust. If you have a Wurth chemical supplier in the area, and decide on a spray in, go to them, and do the job yourself. One more added feature of the spray in, is that it USUALLY protects against chemical damage better.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:47:39 PM EDT
As for scratches of the spray in, I bought a quart of do it yourself stuff and did touch ups as needed, it will last forever. Any brand of do it yourself stuff will do as long as you get the spray in done in black, and I suggest you do as colors will fade bad, red looks pink in a year.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:09:36 PM EDT
thanx guys!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:14:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:35:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2003 4:36:31 PM EDT by BallisticTip]
Use your truck bed for whatever, then befor you sell it put in a plastic liner, if you wnat it to look nice.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:32:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:44:32 AM EDT
I don't plan on investing in a spray in bed liner until I get ready to sell my truck. With a nicely refinished bed, it should sell quickly and I should be able to at least cover the cost of the bedliner in the increased sales price.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:50:47 AM EDT
I went with LineX. They were set up at the Indy 1500 gunshow about two years ago. It is great. I liked it better than Rhino liner because the surface was not as rough. I have had no problems with stuff sliding around as mentioned in the earlier response. I'd go with LineX again in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:50:56 AM EDT
Two words: Rhino rocks!
Top Top