Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 6:05:41 AM EDT
when the AWB sunsets, what exactly does that mean to me? will i be able to have more evil features on my ar? will a post and pre-ban be the same? willi be able to get inexpensive hi-caps for my 10/22? will a stery aug finally be affordable again? as the title stated, i am sorry about my ignorance on this matter. any info would be great. thanks in advance.
-jay  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:09:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
will i be able to have more evil features on my ar?

Yes, for domestic guns, anything short of NFA volations will be fine (state laws may vary)

will a post and pre-ban be the same?
For domestics, Yes

will I be able to get inexpensive hi-caps for my 10/22?
Yes!

will a Styer AUG finally be affordable again?
NO!  The ban only pertains to domestic guns as defined by section 922r of the Federal Code.  You've heard of the US parts thing haven't you?  This is a another topic alltogether, but defines what is and isn't domestic.  If something is domestic, the '94 applied (the sunsetting one).  If it's foriegn, the '89 applies, and it's a tougher ban that doesn't sunset.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i am sorry about my ignorance on this matter. any info would be great. thanks in advance.

Be sorry for your ignorance of not being able to read any of the hundreds of threads already posted on this very subject 6 times a day since last March.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#4]
DOH!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i am sorry about my ignorance on this matter. any info would be great. thanks in advance.

Be sorry for your ignorance of not being able to read any of the hundreds of threads already posted on this very subject 6 times a day since last March.

Ouch.

Owned.

Woody
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sorry.  

But as my left nut said to the right one:  I'm a little teste today.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I think DSA is going to take care of the AUG fans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top