Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/4/2012 8:45:09 AM EDT
I was sitting in Psychology class (100 level) about a month ago and the professor starts taking about the new unit. About every other sentence coming out of her mouth were words that came from a paper I had turned in earlier! She literally jacked half her lecture from me! I couldn't believe my ears! I never talked to her about it. Wondering what you guys think.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you show her YOUR unit?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Excuse me......what unit?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#3]
And you're mentioning it NOW?

I'd write a short e-mail to the department head/dean.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Whatever. It's like a compliment, or something.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And you're mentioning it NOW?

I'd write a short e-mail to the department head/dean.

word

Then lawyer up.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#6]
where did you get your sources from?  I've got a Masters in Social Psychology, I would love to read your paper.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was sitting in Psychology class (100 level) about a month ago and the professor starts taking about the new unit. About every other sentence coming out of her mouth were words that came from a paper I had turned in earlier! She literally jacked half her lecture from me! I couldn't believe my ears! I never talked to her about it. Wondering what you guys think.

Talking about her new unit, things coming out of her mouth that you "turned" in earlier, half way jacking you....

Don't know but I think there is some psychology 101 hiding in that post.

Is she hot?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe she was copying off of the Wikipedia page you copied off of, and not necessarily you directly?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#9]
pics of professor?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#10]
She has never taught this course before?

Why would a professor with an established syllabus need to copy from a student for lecture material?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#11]
If she is looking, I'd give her my unit
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Maybe she was copying off of the Wikipedia page you copied off of, and not necessarily you directly?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#13]
She jacked his unit or something..
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Need pics of teacher to evaluate proper solution.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#15]
1. What is the "new unit"?

2. How much of the paper you wrote on the "new unit" was original/groundbreaking material?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ––bullseye––:
1. What is the "new unit "?

2. How much of the paper you wrote on the "new unit" was original/groundbreaking material?

Ron Jeremy's predecessor.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Maybe she stole her lecture from the same place you stole your paper from? LOL nothing you can do about it, just ask her whats up and try to make this translate to an A for you. The DSM IV is the same fo9r everyone so overlap is to be expected, that is why about half of every paper I wrote was paraphrased or quoted from another paper. There is nothing a 100 level psych student can write that is ground breaking or truly original, sorry bro. If you ever need help IM me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#19]
I think i figured it out.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Pics of teacher??
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#23]
dude, email the dean and attach your paper.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Heh heh heh. You said unit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If his email to the dean is as unclear as his post, he'll probably get expelled just because.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#27]
When do you get to the chapter about delusions of grandeur?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#28]
May want to hang around in that creative writing class. No clue what this whole "unit" thing is.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If his email to the dean is as unclear as his post, he'll probably get expelled just because.  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/icebluecuda/dlookmorelike.jpg

That's so much better than the most interdasting man in the world.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#30]
No offense but a psyc 101 paper isn't exactly ground breaking.  I really doubt she stole your work.  Don't email the dean.  You will look like an idiot.

I think i will go write a paper on how guns should use the expelled gases to cycle the action.  I hope every gun manufacturer doesn't steal my idea.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#31]
so you wrote a paper on something and now they are teaching something that is based on the same sources you used and you are confused?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Does she have a nice ass and big ol's?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ––bullseye––:
1. What is the "new unit"?

The new unit is the Big Unit's son

In before pics of the big unit Randy Johnson
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

TAG for pics of said "ass and big ol's" to save this thread, or at least a link to the appropriate BOTD thread of those pics.  Otherwise this thread is a big ole steaming pile of WTF and LULZ that should be smote.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#37]
so, let me get this straight...

the OP invented a whole knew, never before known, method of understanding psychology.... AND the teacher stole his idea to teach in front of the class.

because no one would be stupid enough to claim credit for something he cited for his paper.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Dude,

That was totally code for I want your penis inside me.

You should have gone for the A.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the laughs guys. Just to clear the air on this subject.

1. She is NOT hot (45 year old who makes her own clothes and drinks too much diet coke)

2. I wrote a paper (article review) on optimistic vs pessimistic attitudes and how they help or hurt us. The article I did the review on was from Psychology Today hardly ground breaking stuff.

3. I'm not going to the dean because frankly 100 level material is 100 level material...its basic there is only so many ways you can tell someone to add 2 + 2 = 4.

4. let the roast of n1150x continue

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
When do you get to the chapter about delusions of grandeur?

right through the heart
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

1. She is NOT hot (45 year old who makes her own clothes and drinks too much diet coke)

2. I wrote a paper (article review) on optimistic vs pessimistic attitudes and how they help or hurt us. The article I did the review on was from Psychology Today hardly ground breaking stuff.

3. I'm not going to the dean because frankly 100 level material is 100 level material...its basic there is only so many ways you can tell someone to add 2 + 2 = 4.

Did you think we would stop?

We are still going to need pics. Ninja skills may be required to gain access to GD quality shot angles.

Hope your ninja skills exceed your typing skills. Carry on.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you think we would stop?

We are still going to need pics. Ninja skills may be required to gain access to GD quality shot angles.

Hope your ninja skills exceed your typing skills. Carry on.

DON"T DO IT!!!! They just want to "borrow" your pics for use in a later lecture of their own I bet.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I still don't understand...
How did she steal your work based on the Pshychology Today article?

ETA: Beaten by the guy with the cool man cave.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So let me get this straight:

You wrote a paper about someone else's paper - meaning that there really isn't any original work on your part, in terms of idea and concepts - just a summary of someone else's work.

And now you think she "STOLE" your work?  

I'm confused.  What part of it is your work?  An article review (especially at the undergrad level) is just plan reading comprehension, not analysis and synthesis.

How dare you bring logic and conjecture into this thread...

We will have none of it! This is a collage class we are talking about...

Maybe even college level too.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You wrote a paper about someone else's paper - meaning that there really isn't any original work on your part, in terms of idea and concepts - just a summary of someone else's work.

I'm confused.  What part of it is your work?  An article review (especially at the undergrad level) is just plan reading comprehension, not analysis and synthesis.

100 level?  If you're lucky.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

She said what I had written down word for word. I didn't conduct the study or come up with the data, but I did write the sentences about the research, and those same sentences were used in her lecture. That is why I was so surprised she didn't steal my non existent idea she used the exact wording of my paper in her lecture.    
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She said what I had written down word for word. I didn't conduct the study or come up with the data, but I did write the sentences about the research, and those same sentences were used in her lecture. That is why I was so surprised she didn't steal my non existent idea she used the exact wording of my paper in her lecture.    

Work hard...write some really amazing papers...next time she does it start finishing all of her sentences for her.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#50]
What do I think?  Cool story bro.

Pop her in the poop chute and call it a day.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top