Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2004 2:51:27 PM EDT
I've been playing it for about a week, and I'm not too far into it (been fucking around more than anything, not really doing too many missions) but I have to say it is the best modern game I have played. The only games that would even be in its class are true classics like Zelda  a link to the past, super metroid, Final Fantasy 2 and 3 etc.

The music is excellent. lots of stuff I grew up listening to.

the voice acting is incredible, and there are quite a few big name people.

the gameplay is ridiculous, the map is HUGE and theres an amazing amount of shit to do outside of the storyline, ranging from playing pool or basketball, to doing graffiti, to burglarizing people's houses and lots of other stuff. One of the most fun parts of the game is customizing your character. You can eat and gain weight, work out and get built, get tattoos, hairstyles and LOTS of different clothes. I wear different clothes for different activities.... like when I go do drivebys on my sportbike I like to wear no shirt and a german helmet with a spike and a green bandana covering my face (green is your gang, the Grove Street Families color.... the families is based on the Crips and the other gang, the ballaz is based on the bloods)... then I get changed into a jersey or a green hoody or something for other stuff.

it also has one of the coolest videogame characters EVER. Ryder. He's a crazy gangsta who is always smoking PCP, he talks LOTS of shit and he looks exactly like Eazy E. in one scene he is cooking up PCP and gives some to a corrupt cop played by Samuel L jackson who says "my wife loves this stuff"

gun material: this game makes me want to buy an open bolt KG-9
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm working on it.  I haven't gotten far, but I swam to the closed off area in the North and stole a helicopter.  It was fun but I was shot down by some type of jet plane.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#2]
If you hang outside ryders place you can hear someone yell "that fucker dusted my weed".  Where are you at now?, my character is doing missions out in the country now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I  picked it up on Tuesday night, but I've only played it for a total of about 45 minutes or so.  I bought Ace Combat 5 at the same time and I've been much to occupied with that to play San Andreas
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you hang outside ryders place you can hear someone yell "that fucker dusted my weed".  Where are you at now?, my character is doing missions out in the country now.

I'm not that far yet.

also look  at the license plate on Ryder's El Camino... it says SHERM
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Waiting for it to come out for Xbox or PC.  I loved the first two on PC, I don't make enough to justify buying a ps2 for one game though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not that far yet.

Shit, I didn't notice that.  It seems like they use every slang word for PCP in that game, but they never actually say "PCP"
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not that far yet.

Shit, I didn't notice that.  It seems like they use every slang word for PCP in that game, but they never actually say "PCP"

i heard them say sherm, sticks, dust, wet and water....

"is you on SHEEEERRRRRRRMM?"

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#8]
did you find the dildo in the police station bathroom?

I like to use it to beat hookers to death
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#9]
dildo in the bathroom

havn't seen that yet
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#10]
and it sucks that CJ never lets Ryder peer pressure him into taking a pull off the sherm stick... that would make for an interesting scene, a la Training Day or Friday.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
dildo in the bathroom

havn't seen that yet

its actually in the showers... which is past one of the back rooms in the police station. the police station in the sticks is set up exactly the same as the onje in los santos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top