Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2011 6:01:01 PM EDT
I am selling my rifle down in the EE.. got over $1k into..

I dropped to my knees and am letting it go cheap..

I have a buyer that wants pictures and info..

ok.. did that.. starting last Friday..

now I have sent him 17 pictures on 5 different angles of this..

at which point do I tell him to take a HIKE??

oh, and he wants a FTF to save shipping..  and he wanted a break on pricing to boot..

which is fine.. but the MORE photos is killing me.. I figure a few pics in 2048x1024 and 15 in 1024x768 should be enough..

I mean I got the rifle down to $755 for crying out loud...

who else has had that ANNOYING buyer??? (here or other sight)

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you want to sell it, or not?

If not, tell him to take a hike and risk hanging on to it, and hope a less annoying buyer comes along soon if you need the money.

If yes, put in the work and make this guy want to buy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you should send pics to everyone that posts in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#3]

If not, tell him to take a hike and risk hanging on to it, and hope a less annoying buyer comes along soon if you need the money.

<<< This

I think you should send pics to everyone that posts in this thread.

I only want 10 pics but i need you to send 20 and let me pick the 10 i want to judge the rifle by.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Send a pic of the new price - $855

then ask if he wants to negotiate more.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I usually take photos from every possible angle and include any noticeable scratches or damage.  I'll post a few samples in my ad but already have the others ready for email.  You get used to what people want when they're about to drop a grand on something they can't see personally.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Pics of said rifle?

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Pics please.

Also, will you take $624 via paypal gift and will you ship directly to my house?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I went from $950 to $8XX to $795 shipped to $750 for a FTF.. (which I normally wouldn't do)

I just don't want the guy to come down and waste my/his time..

heres the 2048x1024 pic.. (right click to view bigger with the option)

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I got $587 and you dont have to send pics. also send me your wife/gf/SO/sister with the rifle, ill give you my FFLs info

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd tell him my camera died and agree on  a place to meet ftf if that's what he wants to do anyways.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Send a pic of the new price - $855

then ask if he wants to negotiate more.

This +106

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#13]
People are incredibly needy. I'd find another buyer, its not worth the time and effort.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I got 500 and a FTF in pottsville....

ETA: O and bring your dog...
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd tell him my camera died and agree on  a place to meet ftf if that's what he wants to do anyways.

that may be the next answer..

its a basic rifle.. PSA 16" Hammer Forge Upper, Troy FF 10" MRF, DPMS Lower.. Pinned YHM Brake.. MBUS.. 800 rounds thru it.. its 2 months old.. but I am needing cash for a $5500 build project for the spring..

the irony is the guy is from an AK type forum..  
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#16]
FTF probably a felony or going to jack you. Wonder if he's going to rape you before or after he kills you
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Had a guy recently that wanted a 25% discount AND I eat the shipping.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
FTF probably a felony or going to jack you. Wonder if he's going to rape you before or after he kills you

this is why I don't like FTF..

I'd rather go thru a dealer.. but he says he has his NJ FID card..

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#19]
update.. I sent him 2 more pics (not at weird angles).. he sent me a sample of the angle..

I sent them..

I get an email now saying.. I got them.. I said NOT wierd angles.. and nevermind..

heres the email from Oscar N..

Albert I have seen these pics before, on other sites were you have this listed, I asked for a pic of the rifle flat on the floor, no weird angles.... forget it brother, I won't bother you anymore, I'm not interested anymore...thanks anyway...

Sent from my iPad 2

DOUCHE..    
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#20]
my email back..

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Oscar,

So for 10 days.. I've been kissing your A$$ with pics..

whatever..

thanks for jerking my chain..

Al
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I get a lot of retards who ask $5 under a shipped item's price.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That is the nature of it, and that is why so many people trade cars in instead of selling them on their own for much more.

I was once selling a couple of window unit air conditioners for $25 each on CL. I had a guy send me about ten emails asking questions, including asking if I had the boxes and owners manuals. Eventually he said he would take them, but only for $15 each, and only if I delivered them, and only if I would give him a one year warranty. An hour later a guy came by, gave me what I was asking, bought both of them, and told me as long as one of them worked he was happy (they both worked, and I had them plugged in so he could check them out before buying).

Another incident. I sold a twenty year old Volvo in good running condition, fair cosmetic condition. It had 225K on it. I sold it for $750. I sold it to a twenty something girl, and her father was along to help her check it out. The car was in good running condition, had fairly new Michelin tires, and I had put new belts, including timing belt, and a water pump into it a couple of months before. I was very honest with the man and his daughter about the car, it ran well, it had been very reliable for me, but it was a twenty year old car with nearly a quarter million miles, and it was priced as such. They asked about the Air Conditioner, I told them the truth, it worked well, but had a leak and would probably need refrigerant to work when hot weather came, I suggested the new owner would probably be best suited by opening the moon roof and lowering the windows.

After having many volvos in my like I'm surprised your windows and moonroof even worked
Four months later the weather got hot. Shortly after I got home on the first really warm day that spring the girl I sold the car to had her father call me, he told me the AC wasn't working in the car, and wanted to know what I was going to do about it. My answer was to suggest they open the moonroof and lower the windows. He didn't find my answer amusing, and suggested that I refund $350, as that was what the mechanic quoted them to fix it. I did not refund her money, nor did I fix her AC. He called me every evening for the next three days. Finally on the fourth call I offered to buy the car back for exactly what she had paid, he got pissed and told me the car was worth more than that.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Well at least now you don't have to take more pictures for the next buyer.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Mail him a steamer.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Email him rite back and say you already sold it for 575
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I vented on the OTHER forum.. under the status updates..

what happened to 'I want it'.. and done..

my DPMS 308/762 was easier to sell for $1150 last week (with ammo thrown in)..

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have to agree! How bad do you want to sell it?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

nm

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to agree! How bad do you want to sell it?

I think the $200 drop in price from 2 week ago should sell it personally..

I dropped to $755 tonight.. and I'm willing to take $75 to hold it for 14 days for crying out loud.

can't ask for much more..

I dunno.. I'm going to bed.. work @ 8am..
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Its a buyers market. So the buyers can make the terms. If you don't like them, tell them to fuck off. Find new buyer. Be happy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why didn't you just say he was from Jersey in the first place?

There's no making him happy, stop answering IMs...

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:09:22 AM EDT
[#32]
after I go to bed..

I get an email from a person wanting it (from here) at 10:48pm..

then at 12:26am another (from the same person) saying due to lack of response he may not want it.

I emailed him this morning explaining I was sleeping.. lets see how this 1 goes..    
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:31:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a PA resident, and he a NJ resident ??? You can't sell FTF its a felony.

Needs to go through a dealer.

I'd pass even if he wasn't being a pain in the ass.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:33:23 AM EDT
[#34]
I sell a lot of stuff online. It is a trend, when they wants lots more pics, and millions of questions. They tend not to buy. One batch of pics fine, if they want more they are not going to buy it anyway ( most of the time )
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:41:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Are you a PA resident, and he a NJ resident ??? You can't sell FTF its a felony.

Needs to go through a dealer.

I'd pass even if he wasn't being a pain in the ass.

I'm actually a NJ resident.. I use to live in PA... I do have a PA carry permit though..  

but yes.. this is why I usually prefer shipping to a dealer..

I've sold like 4 AK (variants) and 3 AR's in the last year and a half..

and never had this many PIC requests.. from 1 potential buyer.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:18:26 AM EDT
[#36]
What pisses me off is when someone offers me a trade and then gets mad when i ask questions about what they are offering.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:27:56 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't deal with people like that. I'll take several good pictures that shows anything of importance and that's it. I'm not going to take a million more pictures from every angle imaginable because I don't fucking feel like it because I don't like people like that. It's a fucking gun and if you haven't ever seen one before then I'm not going to sell you mine.

I don't get bad feedback from people like that because I refuse to deal with them. If you're worried about a 2 micron blemish under the finish that's not visible unless you take the grip off then I don't want to fucking deal with you because you're a moron and not worth my time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:28:26 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

at which point do I tell him to take a HIKE??

At this point, I wouldn't accept $2000

Tell him to GFY.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:29:21 AM EDT
[#39]
I always post 2 or 3 pics and that's that.
If someone asks for more, i say i do not have the time or the will to take more pics.

If someone thinks your weak and down on your luck, they will try to butt fuck you all the way.
You already got off to a bad start.....

Put sold on it and move it to another board. I always have good luck on the Fal Files
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:30:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

after I go to bed..

I get an email from a person wanting it (from here) at 10:48pm..

then at 12:26am another (from the same person) saying due to lack of response he may not want it.

I emailed him this morning explaining I was sleeping.. lets see how this 1 goes..    

Selling shit just isn't worth it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:17:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I want some pics of your wife/GF

NO WEIRD ANGLES!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood...................

You're in PA and he's in NJ?

eta:  nevermind, problem solved.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#43]
You moved from PA to NJ?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're selling it to a NJ resident and you're a PA resident the sale has to go through a dealer, regardless.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Don't  most used things have some sort of minor cosmetic damage?

What's the point of asking for so many pics?

If something is used, it's used.
Sounds like a douche. Probably a good thing he bailed anyways.  There would have been more issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top