Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/23/2003 7:17:04 PM EDT
I figure if i smoke a pack a day, thats 21 bucks a week, which is over a $1000 in a year. Thats a new AR or 1911. What the hell am I doing with this cig in my hand??
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:19:25 PM EDT
Youre slowly killing yourself and doing without an AR, kinda sad aint it?{
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:20:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/23/2003 7:21:13 PM EDT by Conspiro-Agnew]
I recently quit smoking for my health and so I have been able to justify more ammunition to burn through. Same logic, but I definately did it for my health first and formost. [=)]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:20:47 PM EDT
I quit cigs Four years ago to support my gun habit.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:20:49 PM EDT
They're both addictions. One will kill you, one won't (unless you're stupid).
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:30:31 PM EDT
I think the problem that I have is that I really dont have much incentive to quit. 3 bucks, no big deal, its only 3 bucks. My health? Im young as far as i know im in great health. If i smoked a pack of cigs and a lung popped out of my chest it would be different. I suppose the thing with the gun vs. cigs is that it gives me a tangible incentive to quit. It's not like i want to quit to buy guns. I'll quit,...not today, maybe tomorrow...haha yea right. Probably over the summer when I'm not holed up in this f*cking dorm room and im actually out at the beach everyday and working too. We'll see.....
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:34:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Keithl84:
I figure if i smoke a pack a day, thats 21 bucks a week, which is over a $1000 in a year. Thats a new AR or 1911. What the hell am I doing with this cig in my hand??

every time you go to buy a pack, just give me the $ instead, i promise it will go to a better cause
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:40:16 PM EDT
Just buy Guns
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:27:39 PM EDT
No incentive to quit? What about your health? That is why most people end up quitting eventually. Not to mention it is a foul habit.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:49:50 PM EDT
I have heard that the physical addiction to nicotine is stronger than heroin. I hope you quit and being able to buy more guns is a good reason but LIVING is much better. If you have a family it is the best reason of all.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:39:39 PM EDT
Get rid of those "cigs" and buy Sigs. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:56:24 PM EDT
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:24:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Keithl84: I think the problem that I have is that I really dont have much incentive to quit. 3 bucks, no big deal, its only 3 bucks. My health? Im young as far as i know im in great health. If i smoked a pack of cigs and a lung popped out of my chest it would be different.
View Quote
Ah to be young and immortal. I watched my father-in-law and uncle die from emphysema after smoking for 40+ years. They were tortured for years before they died. They described the feeling as being slowly suffocated; never being able to catch their breath. Both were decorated WWII combat veterans who survived many battles in Europe and the Pacific only to die at home gasping for breath at an early age. Quit and buy that new AR next year.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:31:00 AM EDT
Time to quit.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:40:36 AM EDT
I'm an ex-smoker. Whether you save any money or not doesn't matter. Give yourself a present and quit. Need incentive? Here's a true story. My mother in law smoked most of her life. During surgery to correct an abdominal aneurysm, the surgeon found a section of her intestine to be what he called "woody" or stiff and inflexible. It was directly due to hardening of the arteries in that area. Her intestine, and her ability to digest food, was slowly dying. Smoking caused it. He explained that it was worse than cancer because it could not be treated. We always thought of hardening of the arteries in a sense that it concerned large, easily accessible arteries that could be bypassed or repaired. The surgeon said that the tiny arteries that supplied blood to her intestine were much too small upon which to operate. Her intestine died a little at a time. She was in excruciating agony until she died. The only thing that eased her pain was some extreme drug from the hospice. Quit. Before it's too late.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:41:59 AM EDT
Dude, no brainer.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:37:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jt325i: Get rid of those "cigs" and buy Sigs. [:D]
View Quote
[lol]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:43:44 AM EDT
Too bad you don't live in New York. If you did and stopped smoking you could save $35 a week.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:55:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/24/2003 8:58:30 AM EDT by DoubleFeed]
Originally Posted By Keithl84: I think the problem that I have is that I really dont have much incentive to quit. 3 bucks, no big deal, its only 3 bucks. My health? Im young as far as i know im in great health. If i smoked a pack of cigs and a lung popped out of my chest it would be different. I suppose the thing with the gun vs. cigs is that it gives me a tangible incentive to quit. It's not like i want to quit to buy guns. I'll quit,...not today, maybe tomorrow...haha yea right. Probably over the summer when I'm not holed up in this f*cking dorm room and im actually out at the beach everyday and working too. We'll see.....
View Quote
I'll give you incentive. I have a friend who has been smoking for 30 years. She in in her 50s. She has a cough like a Doberman's bark, [i]all the time[/i]. She gets sick every month. When she gets sick, she lands in the hospital because her lungs fill up with mucus. She has emphysema, and is often short of breath if she does any physical activity at all. She was attacked a few years ago by a mentally retarded student of her's, and suffered damaged to her back. The recovery time for the repair surgery for a nonsmoker is 6 weeks to 2 months. Her back has never yet recovered properly. Because of that damage, she will likely never work again. Quit while you are ahead, and while you still have a healthy pair of lungs.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:09:05 AM EDT
I quit 4 months ago!!!! So did my wife!!! What a great feeling........after 25 years. I was going to do it cold turkey...my wife was scared so we went to a hypno therapist...250 bucks apiece..........it doesn't work for everyone but luckily it worked for us both. We will save about 3500 bucks a year....thats a new gun and a paid vaca. every year. Not to mention the thought of dying from slow suffication.....and having to carry around an oxy bottle everywhere you go......... QUIT and live!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:16:50 AM EDT
Why did you even start?
Top Top