Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2014 8:46:06 PM EDT
I just started a business and seem to have bills, fees, deposits, accounts, everywhere.

The business I am in requires being creative when finding new/used products to buy and sell.  As part of finding those products I set up accounts with multiple dealers online. I may buy products from 15 different sources in a week.  To compound things I am trying to keep track of everything I have purchased to open my store.  I have receipts from multiple contractors, retail stores, utility companies, private bills of sale, reimbursements to family members who helped.   Since I am just beginning I would like to have a repeatable procedure for keeping track of everything.  

How do you keep track of all expenses and paperwork?  How do you track it all for tax time?  Quickbooks the answer?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quickbooks Pro or Quickbooks Enterprise for your industry.

I prefer the simpler Pro.  You can always revert back, you'll just be missing select features.  I find that you can detail yourself to death in tracking too much.

Find an excellent CPA experienced with small business and Quickbooks saavy, this is important.  Have him set up your accounts in the software, bank connection, and forms.

You can learn Quickbooks easily with video tutorials.  Don't half ass dig into it just to get by.  Hit the tutorials hard.

Doing your trade is easy.  The business part of business is the tough part.  Get this down right and life will be easy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:26:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Quickbooks Pro also. It's a pain in the ass at first, but don't know what I'd do without it now.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  I'll dig into quickbooks some more.  I need an accountant as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top