Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 9:10:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2003 9:11:33 AM EDT by mmsig229]
Welcome to the flu and cold season. So this morning me and the wife decide to go to the gym before the Browns game.It's an upscale place with racquetball, tennis, machines, and freeweights. Not exactly the YMCA. So there we are on the treadmills to warm up. This guy next to me is hacking and coughing like he's gonna lose a lung. That's the good part. Next, he takes the club provided towel and blows his nose in it. It gets better. He then hangs the towel over the handle on the machine where you put your hands.Hmmmm....I figure at least when he's done, he'll use the provided cleaner and towel (located five feet away)and at least wipe off the machine when he's done. Wrong again!!!Had the wife not been there, I would have said something to the cretin, but I didn't want to cause a disturbance. What do you guys think????????
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:14:00 AM EDT
Wash your hands after you work out.
Keep your hands out of your face, especially don't rub your eyes.

That's what I think.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:15:11 AM EDT
I'd report the nasty bastard to management.  That's fucking gross...you shouldn't have to worry about contracting an illness or disease at a health club.

-HS
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:18:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2003 9:19:37 AM EDT by 1GUNRUNNER]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:18:38 AM EDT
One more reason I'm in the market for a home gym. It never fails. Those people that think they will work it off. Idiots that go to the gym even when they are sick. Why don't they just take a brisk walk wearing warm clothes...on out the door of the gym!
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:43:50 AM EDT
What do you guys think????????
View Quote

Only because you asked.

You should have said something! I know my situation is extreme but I have a kid at home with health issues and I try EVERYTHING in my power not to bring that crap home. Assholes like that should stay home... a little common f**king courtesy is nice.

Had a customer that had 'cosmetic' repairs that were needed on her refrigerator. ONLY when I was done she tells me that her kid is home with meningitis. THANKS BITCH!

I went off on her with that crap. Told her that if she knew that why the hell would she invite people into her home??

Inconsiderate a**holes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:49:01 AM EDT
Just head out to the supermarket or the mall.  You'll find a lot of idiots like that out there.  I realize you have to eat, but can't you get a friend or relative to do the shopping for you this week, while the cough goes away?  Geez.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:49:37 AM EDT
Well shit!!!!!!  You are right next to a guy that may or may not have a cold and you are worried about his snot rag?  I got news for you sonny, you have already been exposed.

People get sick all the time.  Short of always staying in the house you can't avoid it.  Yees the guy should have wiped down the machine butting colds are part of life...get used to it.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:02:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:08:58 AM EDT
Thats downright disgusting!
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:14:59 AM EDT
Hey "sonny" err Sgtar, I realize that people will pass germs in a public place, but leaving your snot somewhere where someone else will touch it is just plain gross and inconsiderate. Besides, who would even consider blowing their nose in someone else's towel??? Yuk!!!!Maybe he needs to stay home.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 12:52:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:00:07 PM EDT
some whore was coughing and hacking all through the lord of the rings movie saturday night

the twat was right behind me and sneezed on my neck

i turned around and shined a surefire in her eyes and asked her to please cover her mouth when she sneezes
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:58:06 PM EDT
To hell with gyms.  I spent six months working out at a 24 Hour Fitness constantly thinking about how disgusting everyone else's sweat is.  That was all I could take.

Now I hike and bike - alone.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:25:00 PM EDT
You shoulda cuffed him to that machine and beat him with your baton[stick][:D]

I hate being sick!
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:31:33 PM EDT
I think it's gross.  Makes me glad I don't go to the gym anymore.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:41:57 PM EDT
Heck you think thats bad, try a local gun show during cold season, I had to leave, talk about bad manners ! [V]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:33:05 PM EDT
Reminds me of seeing a wetback at work once washing his hands in the water fountain. Nice.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:02:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
What did the wife being there have to do with it?
View Quote
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:05:07 PM EDT
Ok, ok.....I didn't think the wife would appreciate the exchange that would most likely take place. I'm a little rusty on my verbal judo!!!He looked like one of those goons that would not quite understand a lesson in manners. Bro Capitalist, you left out the Ray O Vac wack!!!!!Maybe tomorrow......
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:23:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CAPITALIST:
You shoulda cuffed him to that machine and beat him with your baton[stick][:D]
View Quote

Oh yeah, why don't you encourage the JBT some more? [devil]

Yeah, that's a pretty disgusting display of hygiene but probably all too common - also one of the many reasons why I quit my gym...
Top Top