Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 6:59:31 PM EST
So I'm late to the party on these, just getting around to shopping for a nano.

At home I only have dial-up, and no way to get online with the laptop that I would use for loading piles of CDs. Is it possible to load these all in, then go to a place with free wireless and have it somehow match up the the song and album titles?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:31:18 PM EST
Go to an internet kiosk, register your Ipod and upload your music
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:41:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/4/2008 4:44:07 AM EST by ByteTheBullet]
I think I understand your question.

The way CDs get recognized when you play/rip them is the total CD time is run through a database and possible matches are brought up and you choose in cases of dupes. I do not think there is a way to do it the way you are asking. I admit it has been a while since I messed with this stuff and things many have improved.

It doesn't take much bandwidth to get the album/title info. Maybe take a CD or two with you and eat lunch/have coffee/whatever someplace that has free wifi and rip a couple at a time.

eta: You only need to be in the internet when you put the CD in to rip it...dial-up, recognize and start ripping, close connection while it rips.(I assume you do not want to stay online through dialup the whole time)

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:24:03 AM EST
When I was on dialup It would only take a min. to get album info. I had the info before the CD was ripped usually.
Top Top