User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2002 8:56:06 PM EDT
i have the fallowing .22s

ruger pre ban with folding stock and goodies

super accurate (iron sites) steves single shot

remington 597 (scoped)

cheap ass arminus (?) revolver

im hearing the 597 isnt so hot, so im thinking about cashing it in (they go like nuts at local shows)

idont shoot it much, and could really use a good .22 pistol. if i did this, i wouldnt have a scoped .22, but could scope my ruger. i willuse the stevens for hunting.

now i have to decide what pistol.

browning - supposed to be decent, 225$

ruger - we all know thier damn good, 289$

walther - same price as ruger, more cool, but less accurate( i would think)

anything i should consider?
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a policy of NEVER selling any gun unless it abso-damn-lutely will not work. (Which has never happened yet)

But whatever....

Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you considered anything used? I picked up a sixties vintage Colt "Huntsman" for 90 dollars.. Nice pistol, and very reliable..

Also older "High Standard" pistols are damn fine pieces..

Good luck..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Never part with a gun, twenty years from now you will look back on it and want to kick your own ass for getting rid of it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#4]
What about selling all those piss-ant .22s and getting a .454 Casull? [:D]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Never part with a gun, twenty years from now you will look back on it and want to kick your own ass for getting rid of it.
View Quote

My experience has been that it only takes from 15 minutes to 48 hours. The feeling may well last for 20 years, however.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Ordinarily I would advise against selling, but it sounds like you have enough 22lr long guns.  Before you sell that remmington think it over real hard.  Unless you really don't like it, I'd hold onto it.  I love my friends 597...

With that said, I have a very high opinion of both the buckmark and the ruger (particularly one with the 45 grip).  I have one and my shooting buddy has the other.  Great guns.  I also hear good things about the walther.  I think all three are good choices.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have you considered anything used? I picked up a sixties vintage Colt "Huntsman" for 90 dollars.. Nice pistol, and very reliable..

Also older "High Standard" pistols are damn fine pieces..

Good luck..

Meplat-
View Quote

My dad has an old High Standard Double-Nine Natchez model.  I can't seem to convince him to give it to me, though.  Wonderful little .22.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#9]
as far as never selling a gun, i understand, but it dosent work for me. for example, i sold my SKS to a friend at a gunshow, so i could buy an SAR1. idont regret it, i got an ak, and my friend got started in non .22s. idont really have much use for my 597, and i can only put so much $ into my guns, so it must be well spent.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I love my Buckmark. Shoots wel, easly to clean, and a lot of fun. I'm sure you already know this, but you can get all kinds of different features, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top