Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2001 11:35:14 AM EDT
In trap shooting since the shots tend to be far out(at least by the time I get my bead on them) would it be a good idea to mount a simple non-magnifying red dot scope?  The gun is an old CIL single shot break action 12 gauge with a full choke.  If so how would I mount it.  The main reason is that I find the bead too low too use without having the gun in an uncomfortable position.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
No optics, they would laugh you out of the trap
house. You don't aim a shotgun like you aim a
rifle. You point the shot gun tracking through the clay and when you get the lead you pull the trigger and keep following through. Get a fiber
optic sight if you think you need something
outher than a bead.

Start shooting closer to the trap house and when you start hitting move back a bit.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
You people still get to own shotguns?
Does your local Mountie know?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Get some work done on the stock so you can get your face behind the bead comfortably. Do you shoot with both eyes open?

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with Hangfire.  If you gotta put something on a scattergun use a fiber optic.
I've used the Hi-Viz type and have been impressed.  There are two sizes of dots(they call them light tubes) available;  the large style is about the size of a BB on the end of the barrel; it would overwhelm a clay-bird, totally covering it.  I like the smaller size;
it is way brighter than any posts and appears smaller than the clay. You can get these for about $10.
[IMG]http://www.gopfun.com/images/superw.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#5]
have you considered one of these? [img]http://rod.misproductions.com/newstore/GunStore/DayScopes/8-24x75lu/2D.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top