Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 10:02:41 PM EDT
Having breakfast with my wife at resort we were staying at in Portland, OR for a friends' wedding.  At the table next to us was about 5 or 6 people, one of which I found out rather quickly to be a  total liberal a-hole. Their conversation is easily heard by my wife and I. He starts talking about Katrina, looting, police being shot at, etc and it isn't too bad at this point. Next he proceeds to bitch about how if Bush hadn't dumped so much money into Iraq then they're might be more money to help these people. Next comes his philosophy about the war in Iraq, and how he's for fighting terrorism but Iraq and 9/11 are 2 totally diferent things. Typical liberal BS. My wife and I are rolling our eyes the entire time.

After we left I was really pissed at myself for at least not telling this guy to keep his opinion to himself while I'm trying to eat. I then think of my Marine buddy who fought in Fallujah and risked his life to protect the right of this a-hole to spout off this nonsense. I should have said something. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:04:13 PM EDT
[#1]
In portland OR?  You would have just wasted oxygen.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

You're probably right. We love visiting there, but it's a land filled w/ nuts and fruits.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
It's better that you didn't. It would more than likely have escalated and you aren't going to convince him of anything anyway.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you should have let him know that you disagree with what he's saying, and that you find his comments disrespectful to you, your marine buddy, and all the troops over seas. As politely as possible, you should have just told him that the political talk is disrupting the celebration, your evening, and the meal.

Theres too much hate out there when it comes to politics and partisanship. Everyone seems to get mad at each other. America is about freedom of speach, and we just need to accept that people have varrying opinions.

Why let it raise your blood pressure and escalate to a yelling match when its a helluva lot less agrevating to just ask the other person to drop it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#5]
On behalf of the citizens outside of Portland (And I mean only 20 miles), I'm sorry.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't say a thing. I hear this shit a lot where I live. You not going to convince these kind of people.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#7]
why waste your breath on the maroon. Let him live with his DUllusions
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Frankly, the best you should have done was to grab the waitress and ask, rather loudley...

"Pardon me, ma'am...would it be possibly to have another table prepared for my wife and myself as far away as possible from that blathering asshole?"

If you say it loudly enough you'll likely get other clientele to clap and hoot.  You were likely not the only customer to be pissed off.  Bonus is getting another table away from liberal mouth breather.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're probably right. We love visiting there, but it's a land filled w/ nuts and fruits.

Like a Granola bar. Get rid of the fruits, flakes and nuts and you got nothing left.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#10]
You should have cut the top off his jeep...
Wasn't worth the effort or oxygen.

-Derek
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:11:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Aks him if he is willing to speak at a yound democrats tree hugging party in the middle of no where and deflate his car tires.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#12]

(You):  "For God's Sake, no one else brought a wheelbarrow full of steaming bullshit to breakfast, why don't you keep your BS to yourself?"
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Having breakfast with my wife at resort we were staying at in Portland, OR for a friends' wedding.  At the table next to us was about 5 or 6 people, one of which I found out rather quickly to be a  total liberal a-hole. Their conversation is easily heard by my wife and I. He starts talking about Katrina, looting, police being shot at, etc and it isn't too bad at this point. Next he proceeds to bitch about how if Bush hadn't dumped so much money into Iraq then they're might be more money to help these people. Next comes his philosophy about the war in Iraq, and how he's for fighting terrorism but Iraq and 9/11 are 2 totally diferent things. Typical liberal BS. My wife and I are rolling our eyes the entire time.

After we left I was really pissed at myself for at least not telling this guy to keep his opinion to himself while I'm trying to eat. I then think of my Marine buddy who fought in Fallujah and risked his life to protect the right of this a-hole to spout off this nonsense. I should have said something. What do you guys think?

Was he a stinky hippe or a tatooed freakshow?  I wonder who was paying for his food.  
If only we could have a similar disaster up here, it might thin the herd a bit.  50% of the population would kill each other for meth and smokes, cops/feds/citizens would croak another 25%.  We'd have a few empty buildings, but Portland could use a good flush.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top