Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2017 7:59:33 PM EDT
Uberti Cattleman SAA and Uberti 1885 Low Wall single shot riflereproduction in .32-20

This round just looks interesting, however while I have a Lee loader I have nowhere to set it up and don't have many of the other supplies to get into reloading
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what your intended use is. The 32-20 cartridge is relatively anemic for most game like deer and larger. It is a bit much for squirrels and rabbits unless it accurate enough for head shots. Would be pretty solid for coyotes and the like within 100-150 yards. The guns themselves, Go for it! When I was shooting Cowboy action matches I used a Uberti 73 Winchester clone and a pair of SAA's but in 44-40. The 73 and that cartridge, along with the 38-40, did far more to "Win the West" than the 94 Win ever did.
Uberti makes very solid reproduction firearms. Never had any sort of mechanical problems with any of the Ubertis I owned. Mine were accurate, and tons of fun shooting at night especially with "Holy Black" Powder. They are not cheap but they are as solid a gun as you can get imho.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#2]
.32-20 is a lot of fun. Resurrected caliber. Available right now, but will not be forever. I say FO and have fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top