Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 10:52:40 AM EDT
link to story

September 5, 2004 -- One partygoer was killed and three injured during an early-morning shooting inside a Queens nightclub, police said.
Morris Cook, 19, was killed after a bullet hit him in the buttocks and ripped through a major artery.

"He was 19, he had his life together," said girlfriend Malika Ferdinand. "He was no bum. It's sad, he was taken for nonsense. Seriously, I don't know what I'm going to do, he was my life support."

Cops were also trying to determine if a 19-year-old man who walked into Jamaica Hospital with stab wounds in the back and leg was involved in the 3 a.m. shooting at Club Mirage in Ozone Park.

One resident said the shooting may have stemmed from an incident hours earlier in which a bouncer kicked out several club goers who vowed to retaliate.

Eight people were arrested in connection with the shooting as they tried to get into an SUV about a block away from the club, after a .45-caliber Glock handgun was found in a garbage can, police sources said.

A neighbor who lives across the street from the nightclub at Liberty Avenue and 100th Street said she was asleep when she heard people screaming.

"I saw a lot of people running out of there. They were all screaming," she said.

Christopher Jones, 19, and Josh Mohanlal, 25, were shot in the buttocks, and Orville Diller, 23, was shot in the leg. All three were in stable condition at Jamaica Hospital.

OK - why was everyone shot in the ass? Windage adjustment on a .45
glock ? Bad aim? Was the shooter a midget.  Forget about the gay shooter theory, I know the area in Queens, you need to cross a bridge to get anywhere near a gay neighborhood (i.e. Chelsea in Manhattan)
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#1]
My price for my glock 21 in ee just went up.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#2]

My price for my glock 21 in ee just went up

Add some 25 yd "ass" sillouette paper targets to sweeten the deal -
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#3]
All movies portray getting shot in the ass to be a comical event
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe he was using blended metal ammo. It's great for ass-shots, I hear.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Dude doing the shooting recently got out of prison = buttocks shots??? You add it up...

MT
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#6]
tendency for vicitms to turn their back to the shooter, cover their head with their arms and bend over or even drop to a sort of fetal position, ass to the blast -- if not fleeing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, Glock without a Kaboom in the storyline, who would have thunk it...

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#8]
My G21 always has shot low for me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#9]
My guess is the guy thought if he shot in the ass or leg, it wouldn't be concidered attempted murder.  He was highly mistaken in this case.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Doesn't really surprise me. At .45 velocities, the arteries (hips are full of 'em) weren't cauterized as they were cut.

I remember reading for years about this happening w/ deer, etc when shot w/ bow&arrow, and not believing it, until I accidentally did it.....hit a deer in the hams (long story), she ran a couple hundred yards and died.

P.S.
And I'm NOT saying this wouldn't have happened at higher velocities...I'm just saying that it is possible for low-velocity wounds to bleed profusely, sometimes moreso than similar wounds created at higher velocity.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#11]

tendency for vicitms to turn their back to the shooter, cover their head with their arms and bend over or even drop to a sort of fetal position, ass to the blast -- if not fleeing.

I just realized - Im pretty sure Mirage is a strip club 0n Queens Blvd - common name, could be another club.

Either way, loud club, gunshots, by the time the dust clears most people would still be in a haze - also last call is 4 a.m. so you can be sure everyone was wasted.

I have found that in club shootings in NY, from cops, and club owners - people run if they hear shots. Some hit the deck and get into the fetal position, those are the ones that get trampled.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#12]

My guess is the guy thought if he shot in the ass or leg, it wouldn't be concidered attempted murder. He was highly mistaken in this case.

That sounds on the money, or if the .45 glock does fire low, that is a possibility. This guy was not a marksman, unless he was an ass marksmen, but one guy took a shot in the leg...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#13]
The queer eye get a black eye in the brown eye
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#14]

The queer eye get a black eye in the brown eye

Although the gayfactor has been eliminated, that is fucking hilarious!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
OK - why was everyone shot in the ass? WindageElevation adjustment on a .45
glock ? Bad aim? Was the shooter a midget.  Forget about the gay shooter theory, I know the area in Queens, you need to cross a bridge to get anywhere near a gay neighborhood (i.e. Chelsea in Manhattan)

There, fixed it for you.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Someone was shootin HollyWierd style, just blazin away, and managed to make a 'Golden BB' shot...

A .22LR in the same place would have had the same result...

A lesson for anyone who thinks there's such a thing as shooting to stop, not kill. ANY SHOT CAN KILL.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#17]
yep the almights .45 acp, still the king.

Funny you never hear those stories were the cops shoot the badguy with a 9mm 18 times and he walks away
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#18]
bet it whud suck to get hit in the ass with a .308 tracer/incinderary
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There, fixed it for you.

No, Tex.  You forgot.

They hold 'em side-ways.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I found a Target that charts the problems in Aiming the Weapon....

I thought it fit the situation.

MT
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#21]
OK - why was everyone shot in the ass? Windage adjustment on a .45

Maybe they started going the other way when they saw the weapon?
M
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#22]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted:
glock ? Bad aim? Was the shooter a midget. Forget about the gay shooter theory, I know the area in Queens, you need to cross a bridge to get anywhere near a gay neighborhood (i.e. Chelsea in Manhattan)

There, fixed it for you.

No, Tex. You forgot.

They hold 'em side-ways.

They do hold em sideways, but i f'd up. Labor day weekend, Wifey yelling in my ear - but that explains why my grouping was in  the dirt 2 lanes over to the left  at the range yesterday...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Maybe they started going the other way when they saw the weapon?
M

[sarcasm]I think they ran directly towards the gunshots actually[/sarcasm]

Maybe if they heard shots or if they saw a weapon, as I am unsure of the details, common sense dictates they would run. Why were all the shots below the belt? Couldve been a gang thing, than again, I thought it was more interesting that there was a kill from an ass shot.  Thought some people might find the circumstances interesting.- 3 people shot in the ass, 1 in the leg - were they holding hands and running in a line? Lined up face down maybe?

when they saw the weapon?

I don't see anything in the story about a weapon being brandished.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Y'all know why!  Just remember how the gangsta always holds his piece...sideways, shooting arm raised up high with wrist loose and hand down.  Waving is always a plus, and the head has to be cocked to one side to show the "coolness" of the shooter.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Someone was shootin HollyWierd style, just blazin away, and managed to make a 'Golden BB' shot...

A .22LR in the same place would have had the same result...

A lesson for anyone who thinks there's such a thing as shooting to stop, not kill. ANY SHOT CAN KILL.

yep
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Femoral is just as dead as a carotid.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Femoral may bleed out faster than carotid.  You just lose conciousness faster with a carotid hit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Y'all know why!  Just remember how the gangsta always holds his piece...sideways, shooting arm raised up high with wrist loose and hand down.  Waving is always a plus, and the head has to be cocked to one side to show the "coolness" of the shooter.

+1
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Funny you never hear those stories were the cops shoot AT the badguy with a 9mm 18 times and he walks away

Officer Stadankno cannot hit anything 18 for 18.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top