Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 1:27:21 PM EDT
Here's a short article on Vltor's new EMOD stock

Vltor EMOD stock

this is a really nice stock, very robust with some nice features. Only thing I didn't like was the weight for a light carbine.
Great for a DMR type rifle.

What do you think of it?
What do you like/not like?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the weight?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
saves coin over the SOPMOD, same shape, can remove the battery tubes on the rifle where the SOPMOD can't and it has the QD port and additional storage. I guess the new SOPMODs have the QD port so that's a wash.

They're good equipment.

ETA - VLTOR offers the nicenst receiver extension on the market. Not an extrusion, laser engraved positions numbers and a very snug fit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What is the weight?

shamefully copied from the article linked above

14 ounces
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#4]
My bad, I must have missed it on the first read through. Good job.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is the weight?

In the article.

The stock is also heavy enough (14 ounces) to counter-balance, to a degree, a muzzle-heavy rifle laden with accessories. Due to this, though, it would not be my choice for a lightweight carbine. My only negative comment on this stock is its noticeable weight.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#6]
on my smith m&p i love it. it actually balances out my rifle,but i have a yhm quad rail eotech and a surefire light , if your going to put it on a bone stock ar i can say it would be a bit heavy to some.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I really wanted one of those. Still do just don't have the scratch.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
snip...
ETA - VLTOR offers the nicenst receiver extension on the market. Not an extrusion, laser engraved positions numbers and a very snug fit.

gotta agree. I don't have any Vlotr buttstocks but I used their receiver extensions on my latest 2 builds.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, Vltor makes some pretty nice stuff.......
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I had that stock and the buffer tube on my Bushmaster. It is a great stock but yes a little heavy. I used the compartment for ear plugs which was handy but did not use the battery compartments because it only got heavier and heavier with the extra batteries. With the buffer tube it has zero wiggle or slop.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#11]
One thing I did was ditch the buttpad and steel strike plate to cut some weight.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#12]
If I didn't already have a much-loved Vltor Modstock on my "tacticool" carbine, I'd be looking at one of these
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yep, Vltor makes some pretty nice stuff.......

I like mine on my heavy carbine.Good fit and rugged.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I had that stock and the buffer tube on my Bushmaster. It is a great stock but yes a little heavy. I used the compartment for ear plugs which was handy but did not use the battery compartments because it only got heavier and heavier with the extra batteries. With the buffer tube it has zero wiggle or slop.

Yep, if you load all the compartments up with batteries it does start to pork out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top