Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2017 10:42:42 PM EDT
Anyone build their own shooting bench?  Looking for ideas for one that I could maybe put wheels on to move around to different distances.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Google it. Thats what I did, found more plans than carters pills!  You will find one that suits your needs.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is the archived thread in which I showed off my bench. Enjoy!

Shooting bench thread

About the only change I'd make to it is to make a lip around it to keep things from rolling off.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:09:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's an idea...

Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#5]
My version is documented in this thread:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_16_17/551_My-shooting-bench-project-in-pictures.html

My next shooting bench will also be concrete, but I'll put it on 4x4's and deck blocks instead of a concrete pad.  It will still be mobile, using my tractor with forks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Finished a build today...just waiting for the folding legs to arrive from Amazon tomorrow (Rugged Buddy folding legs).  I can take a picture of the plans if you wish, but it was easy to make. I watched a few "DIY shooting bench" videos on Youtube and then modified the plans to suit my needs.  Cost about $75 in material...$45 of it was the folding legs.

I added a bi-pod stop, adjustable for different lengths. I am going to cut a hand hold out as soon as I add the legs (need to find the balance point first).  Also thinking of routing some small pockets into the top to hold ammo, etc.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top