Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2017 10:42:42 PM EDT
Anyone build their own shooting bench?  Looking for ideas for one that I could maybe put wheels on to move around to different distances.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:23:27 PM EDT
Google it. Thats what I did, found more plans than carters pills!  You will find one that suits your needs.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 4:11:07 AM EDT
Here is the archived thread in which I showed off my bench. Enjoy!

Shooting bench thread

About the only change I'd make to it is to make a lip around it to keep things from rolling off.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:09:04 AM EDT
Here's an idea...

Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:25:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:58:17 PM EDT
My version is documented in this thread:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_16_17/551_My-shooting-bench-project-in-pictures.html

My next shooting bench will also be concrete, but I'll put it on 4x4's and deck blocks instead of a concrete pad.  It will still be mobile, using my tractor with forks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:53:27 PM EDT
Finished a build today...just waiting for the folding legs to arrive from Amazon tomorrow (Rugged Buddy folding legs).  I can take a picture of the plans if you wish, but it was easy to make. I watched a few "DIY shooting bench" videos on Youtube and then modified the plans to suit my needs.  Cost about $75 in material...$45 of it was the folding legs.

I added a bi-pod stop, adjustable for different lengths. I am going to cut a hand hold out as soon as I add the legs (need to find the balance point first).  Also thinking of routing some small pockets into the top to hold ammo, etc.

Top Top