Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 2:20:18 PM EDT
Sorry folks, I am up on the US laws but... I have some Clinton-capacity mags selling on eBay. I only selected sale to US. However, a Canadian is bidding and if he/she wins, can I ship a 10rnd handgun mag to Canada without legal problems?

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Sorry folks, I am up on the US laws but... I have some Clinton-capacity mags selling on eBay. I only selected sale to US. However, a Canadian is bidding and if he/she wins, can I ship a 10rnd handgun mag to Canada without legal problems?

Legal or not I will not send any firearm related parts to any foreign country.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe in canada 10 round mags are max for pistols, 5 round max for semi auto rifles and i dont think their is a limit on rimfire rifles.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I partially agree with crowboy, mainly because of the other pain in the A issues.  I don't use paypal, so the payment has to be by iternational money order, and then there are the charges, whcih can be hard to estimate since I'm not a business.  That said, though I would not even start with a complete firearm, or a major part, if the buyer understands he/she is fully responsible to know the laws in his/her locale, and accepts the consequences of misapplication or lack of knowledge, I see no problem.  Your biggest issue would be that the part gets stopped in Customs there, and confiscated.  The buyer wants a refund and you are out the part.  If you have a statement of acceptance of responsibility, so be it.  Probably not that simple, though, as they still will scream.

I don't see any issue with a magazine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I emailed my Candian bidding friend and stated the listing is for USA only. I told him to stop bidding. Thanks for the replys.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:09:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I emailed my Candian bidding friend and stated the listing is for USA only. I told him to stop bidding. Thanks for the replys.

In my opinion, you did the right/smart thing.  The magazines probably would have gone, but then maybe a problem.  You don't need the grief.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top